bedroom feelings

Hades

Stella was still sleeping when I woke. I slowly got out of bed and dressed. Opening the door, I found a tray with breakfast and Stella's name written in Lucinda's neat handwriting.

"Thank you," I said, careful not to disturb the silence. Picking up the tray I went into the room and put it on the bedside table.

Getting back into bed, I gently woke Stella.

She pulled the comforter closer around her.

"Time for breakfast, sweetheart." I said.

She sighed and opened her eyes. "You are not under the covers." She grumbled.

I smiled. "I have work to do," I said and pulled her into a sitting position.

She wrapped the comforter around her, and I placed the tray in front of her.

"And I would ask you, if you would kindly stay warm. Preferably in bed all day."

Her shoulders slumped. "It's boring, Hades." She said.

"It's more boring to be sick weeks on end," I said. "Please, for once."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine!"

I stood. "I have to go. If you need Lucinda, use the globe."

"Uhm, can I stay in here all day?" she asked, hope coloring her eyes.

I was hesitant. "I'd prefer if you didn't." That was brutally honest. I wasn't sure she liked it.

Judging by the somewhat harsh glimpse in her eye, she didn't.

"Fine, then I'll have to get out of bed." She snapped and looked at the tray.

"Don't be mad at me about that."

"I'm not mad," she said and glanced up at me. "Learn to read a human being, Hades."

I smiled and sat down on the edge of her bed. "I just have weird feelings attached to this room. Don't push me."

Stella left the safety of the warm covers and straddled me, her legs on either side of my thigs, and her arms around my neck. "It's a room." She said.

"And it's been my room, mine and mine alone for five thousand years. Excuse me for having feelings attached to it." I gently pushed her off me and grabbed the comforter to wrap around her.

She sighed and pushed down the comforter. "I'll go to my room, get warmly dressed and go eat breakfast in the kitchen. Have a nice day, Hades." She left after that.

I sighed. Of course this would be a fight.

I grabbed the untouched tray and followed her, shutting the door behind me. Insuring no one could but I could get in there.

I went to the kitchen. Which was empty, and placed the tray on the vacant kitchen table. Then I left for work.