trouble

Hades

I walked into the kitchen. Lucinda was grating carrots, it looked like.

"Hey," I said.

She looked at me, a big smile on her face. "Hades! Stella asked for you, saying you were in trouble."

"When am I not in trouble with that girl?" I muttered. "Where is she?"

Lucinda shrugged. "Her room? I don't know."

"Okay, thanks," I said.

She went back to her grating, and I walked up the stairs to Stella's room. It was as empty as the grave. That was morbid.

I went to the library, also empty and to my room. Please, Stella, don't do this to me.

I didn't knock, I just went in.

Stella was lying on the bed, fast asleep. She was wearing tight jeans, a black shirt and socks. The leather jacket was on the desk chair, her boots lined up against the wall.

I was careful when I got into bed next to her. I crawled on all four until I was above her. Gently I kissed her lips.

No matter what, I'd end up missing her. That was it, I couldn't help it.

She sighed, a soft little sigh that made me smile.

Maybe I was in trouble, but right now that was okay.

I pressed my lips to hers again, causing her to stir. She wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me closer yet breaking the kiss at the same time.

"You threw my letter in with all those other letters you've received." Stella grumbled. "And here I thought I was special."

"You are special," I said, kissing her again. Those letters were not for her to find either.

She parted her lips, inviting me to take this to a deeper level. I broke the precious contact and looked at her, until she opened her eyes.

"Are you going to keep snooping in every letter or piece of paper you find?" I asked, brushing hair away from her face.

She nodded. "I can't do anything else, and I'll be damned if I don't do something."

I shook my head. "Why are you sleeping in here?" I asked.

She sighed. "Because I was pissed at you, and I wanted to feel like I still meant something to you. And this was the place."

I smiled. "You are special to me, don't talk yourself down."

"You had my letter with all those other letters." She whispered.

"I didn't know where else to put it, and I didn't want anyone finding it."

Stella had the grace to look ashamed before a giggle escaped her.

I kissed her lips, a gentle kiss. "Hungry?"

She shrugged. "I had lunch late. And Lucinda baked, so I'm full."

I fell down on the bed next to her. "I'm starving."

"Then go eat." She said.

"Go with me," I almost challenged.

She looked at me, really looked at me. "You want me to?"

I nodded.

"Fine!" she said and got out of bed.

I kissed her before she had the chance to leave the room. A gentle touching of lips.