Coping

Kylies POV
Waking up in Michaels bed I felt so content but not when Michael woke up and right away insisted breakfast. I ate for his sanity and to never put my body through something like that again but I felt so sick after eating. The drive to school I just kept thinking don't puke don't puke not in his car it will smell. You look pale he says helping me out the car. I'm good I say not wanting to worry him. We still had a few minutes to share and I decided to head to the bathroom where I puked whatever was yellow. Thankfully no one came in or saw me and since breakfast had gone to waste I got an apple to hold me over til lunch. Dam it I'm trying and this is what my body does. Sitting through class was hell and sadly I have gym after lunch today.
At lunch I decided to eat a chicken salad, not too heavy on the fragile stomach. That's my girl Michael said to me. How are you feeling today Jenna asks I'm good I say flashing her a smile. Are you ready for today we have to run a mile for class Derek says Ugh I completely forgot I say face palming. You should tell the teacher I'm sure he won't make you run knowing Jenna says. No it's fine I'll do it, counts as a grade anyways I say sighing as the bell rings. Nauseous feeling came back quickly and I didn't want to embarrass myself
On the track so I headed to the bathroom to make sure and sure enough I had to throw up again. Let's just say I won't be eating chicken salad for awhile. Bile taste was still in my mouth but I couldn't be late for class. You have to run a mile under fifteen minutes that three times around the track. And go! Mr. Fenigan says blowing his whistle.
You don't look too good Jenna says running along side me. Okay I can't keep down food today every time I eat I throw up I say trying to stay at the same pace as her but I was losing breath. First lap almost down I say You have to eat though the doctor said you could have another one she says worryingly. I know I'm trying my body is just rejecting the food I say. Please tell Michael she says don't put him through another heart attack she says as she picks up the pace. I was panting at this point and the bile was creeping at the back of my throat second one down. But I didn't make it to the third one as I headed straight for the trash can and continued to throw up. Sit out Kylie Mr. Fenigan yelled As you wish I say and headed inside to the school to get some water. My head pounding with every step I take. Kylie Michael says coming up to me. Hey I say knowing i look like shit I wasn't ready for this. I thought you had gym he says I threw up I say Oh baby come here he says taking me to his locker.
Here he says giving me crackers. How'd you know I ask Are you psychic I ask No but the look you had the whole car ride this morning I had a feeling today was going to be rough and even at Lunch he says Well let's get you home so I can put food into that stomach and some fluid he says giving me a forehead kiss. Thank you I say as I munch on the crackers getting into his car. I'm glad you didn't faint he says driving off. Yeah me too I say No seriously you probably would've had another seizure that would've been terrifying he says
              I'm sorry for scaring you I say feeling extremely guilty. No it's okay I just wanna focus on your health he says kissing my hand. Speaking of that can we have a serious talk he says Um okay I say as we get out the car heading into my place. So I know you're doing great so far no panic attacks or nightmares but what if we went to the doctors to make sure they never come back, not saying now but whenever you are ready he says looking away nervously. Okay I say knowing how hard this must've been to y'all to me about. I just think that'll really—wait did you just say okay he says questionably analyzing my face. Yes I said okay Michael I know I'm not easy to deal with and if I'm going to try and get better I should seek professional help however I don't know about all the medicines they give and about a therapist but I could do a session a week for starters I say. He embraced me in a tight hug and lifted me up off my feet and skinned me around.
               We headed into my back room in the house it was pretty quiet had a decent television and a perfect place to lounge around and complete homework. I laid on the rug and was starting my English assignment. Something traumatic that has happened in my
Life that I've turned positive is the essay topic I have to write about. Fuck me I said out loud. Well darling whenever you ask Michael says looking up from his book from the couch. What happened he ask I throw my book towards him which he caught easily. Something traumatic that you've turned positive he says out loud Well darling you could write about what happened with your dad he started saying but I instantly shook my head. I haven't done anything positive with that I'm still workin on turning that positive I say Every day you wake up and don't give up on yourself after that trauma is positive he says come here he says patting the space next to him on the sofa. I sat next to him.
                    Do you want me to write it while you talk it out and you can take your time I know it's tough he says Thank you I say and then I started.
          I guess it all really started when my mom passed away when I was seven turning eight. The doctors explained that me being born something went wrong internally and they weren't able to detect it til it was too late. Seven years too late. My dad did really speak to me after that and I kinda started fending for myself. I would clean up the house and a year later started cleaning up more beer bottles then my hands could hold. When I turned thirteen it was the first time he said something to me and that year was the worst because he started call me names like a murder for my mom. And blaming me for all her deaths. Freshmen year he would push me around and knock me down but nothing ever to leave a mark. The summer before Sophomore year was the first time he punched me and it left me with a black eye. A sob escaped my lips and I felt like my chest was closing in as I was put back in that place. Michael held me close and stroked my hair. Let's take a break he says putting aside the notebook and putting on the tv. I laid down and put my head on his lap. You did good Kye it's okay I'm right here if you wanna rest I'll be right here he says and that's the last thing I heard as I dozed off.