09.24 - Cyde

The battle between the water dragon and nine-tails fox continued until one was defeated. For the water dragon, he was never defeated. The nine-tails fox, despite her strength, could not go against the dragon. It was not a surprise when the fox was finally hit and overpowered by the dragon.

"Myka!" Cyde did not care for his own safety and rushed to the fallen Myka.

Seeing the blood on her lips, Cyde gently wiped it when his sleeve. Smiling softly at Cyde, Myka leaned against his chest.

"Let her go." Lei's eyes had long turned bloody red as he stood in front of Cyde and Myka.

"Never." Cyde fearlessly look at the water dragon as he held onto Myka.

"You dare defy me?" Lei reached out to grab Cyde but stopped when Myka cold eyes went to him.

For the first time, Myka bare such a threatening expression. The playful fox – even while battling, never show emotion of any sort. But because Lei threatened Cyde, Myka no longer maintained the look of indifference.

"For him, you're willing to die?" Lei repeated the question – his eyes suddenly returning to its original calm color. "For him, you're throwing away your cultivation?"

Lei couldn't understand what Myka was thinking. It's only much, much later that he did.

"Why...?" The question was asked before he could stop himself.

Myka got up to her feet with Cyde at her side.

"Why do you want to know?" Myka tiredly lean against Cyde's chest, her eyes look at Lei – asking him despite her knowing the reason for his questions.

"He's not worth your life." Lei stated firmly.

"That is my choice." Myka placed a hand above Cyde's heart as she looked up into the man's worried gaze.

"You..." Lei clenched his jaw and finally turned away, no longer wanting to see Myka and Cyde. "Leave."

Myka sighed with relieve and patted Cyde's chest as if to comfort the man's worry.

"If that's the case." Myka looked over at Nilo and Alexis, giving her usual playful smile. "I'll trade my disciple for yours, dragon."

"I never want to see either of you again."

Lei no longer care to banter with Myka and flipped his sleeves before walking away.

"You two..." Nilo was at a loss for words as he look at his twin and master.

There are so many questions he wanted to ask, but in reality, none of it matters. Seeing the way Cyde hold onto Myka and how Myka smile up at Cyde, Nilo felt helpless.

"This is crazy..." Nilo could only say with a heavy sigh.

"Well, you don't have to deal with this crazy master of yours no longer." Myka smirked at Nilo. "From now on, you'll stay here with that noncrazy dragon."

Nilo shot a glare at Myka.

"At least you'll have your pretty childhood friend with you for company." Myka look at the still shell-shock Alexis.

"Myka..." Cyde no longer want Myka in the dragon territory. "Let's go."

Myka knew Cyde's insecurity and nodded.

"Cyde." Nilo grab hold of his twin's arm with concern.

More importantly, Nilo sense that this may be the last time he'll his brother.

"Cyde..." Alexis, naturally, also felt the approaching goodbye.

"Our goals... our dream..." Nilo look at Cyde – his brother, reminding him what they had wanted from the beginning when they entered the world of Kien.

"She is my dream." Cyde answered simply.

Seeing such conviction in Cyde's dark eyes, Nilo could only let him go. And with nothing holding Myka and Cyde back, the two went back to the The Valley of Plum Blossom.