01.1 - Lin Heng

"Ouch... that really hurts!"

"No one said transmigration is pain-free"

"Transmi-what? Did I die? Did you kill me?"

"Temporary, yes"

"Temporarily!?"

"Pay attention my dear, you only have one chance to obtain all the information you need for your first challenge towardfalling in love"

"Falling in love" I mocked.

"..."

"Come on Bob, give me the information I need" I urged the unknown voice.

"Very well..."

The place I was "transmigrated" to is Sijiao – an old period similar to ancient Chinese time. The protagonist of the game is Liu Jiaying, the youngest of three daughters of the 1st rank Duke, Left Minister of Justice. Despite being the daughter of a concubine, Liu Jiaying is very well favored by her father and family. Because of her innate beauty and musical talents in Guzheng, Liu Jiaying won the love of many – including the male lead, Zhuang Yi. And the male lead would not be the male lead if he wasn't some sort of royalty? Zhuang Yi is the fourth prince of the Sang Dynasty. The prince was fourth born but was tied in line for the throne with the eldest prince. Handsome, cultured, intelligent,and respected, Zhuang Yi was as princely as any prince could be.

So how did Liu Jiaying met the great fourth prince?

By some force of fate, the girl was able to meet the prince at a flower viewing festival. Liu Jiaying was very playful by nature so often sneaks out of the house at a very young age to play. At the time, Liu Jiaying was dressed in her younger brother's clothing when she bumped into the prince – who also was in disguised in commoner clothing. Because of her cheerful and bright personality, the prince immediately took notice. Naturally, as soon as her identity was known, the young prince begins to show affection for. It was no surprised when the two grew up as childhood sweetheart. The beautiful and cheerful female lead and her handsome, gentle prince – it was really so cliché.

And in very cliché romance story, there are the obstacles the main character faces in order to be with the one he or she loves.In this story, there really was no obstacle. Even though Liu Jiaying's mother was a mere concubine, her father's rank is able to her the prince's consort title. Zhuang Yi's royal father, the Emperor gave them his blessing. The Empress adored her. Most importantly, Zhuang Yi's heart already belonged to her. Her future was set the moment she won the male lead's heart.

So what's the problem?

No problems toward the main female lead. Liu Jiaying was blessed all her life so was ignorant to the pain she left behind while walking toward her happiness. Lin Heng was one of those pitiful lives, ruin for the sake of love. As the only son of the Prime Minister, Lin Heng's stature was nothing less from Zhuang Yi. Prime Minister was the Emperor most trusted strategist and a well-respected figure in the four great nation of Sijiao. Taught personally by his father, Lin Heng brilliantly grew to become a fearsome war strategist. But even the greatest mastermind fall to the pit of hell because of love. Lin Heng was beside Zhuang Yi when they first met the young playful Liu Jiaying. Both young men had fallen in love with the cheerful girl. And both had wanted Liu Jiaying's love.

Fate is never kind to the second male lead. Lin Heng was destined to suffer for love. Because he was the second male lead – an honest one to boot, he had stepped aside while his best friend married the woman he loves. On top of that, Lin Heng helped the two lovebirds whenever there were troubles. For Zhuang Yi, Lin Heng helped his succession to the throne – leading great generals and soldiers to war and battle in his friend's stead. For Liu Jiaying, Lin Heng had given his heart without ever expecting anything in returned. Ultimately, he sacrificed his life when an evil, jealous villain tried to kill her.

Who is this evil, jealous villain?

Zhao Meixiang – the only child of the 2nd Rank Viscount, is the so-call evil, jealous villain. Why? She was Lin Heng's prearranged fiancée. Just as beautiful as Liu Jiaying was, Zhao Meixiang was also loved by her family. Her father especially dotes on her because she was born from his beloved deceased first wife. Because of her father's favoritism, Zhao Meixiang grew up haughty and spoiled. In a period where a woman value rely heavily on her skills in art and music, Zhao Meixiang could not even draw a simple flower or play a single note on the Guzheng. Despite that, her father love for her did not diminish. In his eyes, she could do no wrong.

Zhao Meixiang's biggest mistake was love. Her father had pulled strings to ensure her future husband was the finest of them all. Even when he managed to get her a great marriage partner, the spoiled Zhao Meixiang refused to meet her fiancé. By the time she finally meet Lin Heng, the man was already deeply in love with Liu Jiaying. Ironically, it was love at first sight for Zhao Meixiang. The young Zhao Meixiang was brimming with happiness when she found out how wonderful and handsome her fiancé was. Happiness was cut short when she discovered Lin Heng's love for Liu Jiaying. Jealousy blinded her with hate. Love transformed her into a monster. She did everything to destroy Liu Jiaying only to be hated by the one man she loves. In the end, she accidentally killed the Prime Minister's only son, resulting in nine generation of her family to be demoted to slaves while her and her father was sent to the guillotine.

Tragic, isn't it?

"Bob" I called out wryly when my eyes opened to see a reflection of a beautiful young girl sitting in front of a vanity mirror.

"Yes my dear"

"Who am I?" I asked even though the answer was the small birthmark under my right eye.

The body I "temporarily" inhabit is Zhao Meixiang who was born with a distinct lovely pink flower birthmark underneath her right eye.

"How convenient of you to make me the villain of the story" I smirked at my own reflection.

"My dear, Zhao Meixiang isn't a villain yet."

Right, according to the timeline, Zhao Meixiang has not met Lin Heng and fell crazy in love. But Lin Heng was beginning to fall in love with Liu Jiaying.

"I change my mind. Take me back; I don't want to play this stupid game"

"Too late... my dear, the game has already begun"

"Wait" I could feel the voice fading in my head. "I still have question_"

"Good luck Meixiang"

Good luck? Stupid Bob, I still have questions... Eh, why does it matter? I might as well get into character.