08.9 - Nox Maxwell

*WARNING: The following content HEAVILY contains sexual content that is unsuitable for children.*

Needless-to-say, when Mavi was brought back home, her older brother kept her locked up in her room. His reason? To make sure she was safe from all the princes in the world. Clearly, none of them were "sane".

So to avoid Zeki Gutia turning "insane", Mavi stayed in her room until late into the night. Once her brother slept, she left to the back of the house and sat in her usual spot beside the edge of the mountain to look out into sky filled with stars. Everything had been peaceful until a little fish swam toward her. Fish? A fish swimming on air? Mavi stared at the little creature until it was close enough for her to recognized it was magic. The fish was form by water. Inside the translucent fish was a familiar looking gem. It took a moment before Mavi identify it was the Rosea gem - her Rosea gem. Mavi figured she had lost early that day with all the chaos.

Mavi waited for the fish to come to her. When it stopped right in front of her, Mavi knew it wanted her to retrieved the gem from its liquid body. So she did. Thinking that the fish would swim away, Mavi was startled when its mouth slightly opened.

"The cave..." The fish spoke before it vanish completely.

Mavi hadn't been surprised because the deep, smooth voice belong to the Mare prince, Maxwell Nox. Hearing the voice, Mavi sighed softly. The cave - Mavi somehow knew what the man was trying to tell her. After a moment of silence, Mavi stood and quietly made her way down the mountain toward her supposed hidden haven where the hot spring pool was.

Half way to her destination, Mavi unexpectedly found herself face-to-face with the Nubes prince - Hodei Solo. To be honest, the Nubes prince was a very handsome male - one whom many female of the tribe admire. With status and looks, the man is capable of getting any woman he wants. Unfortunately for him, the current Mavi have long blacklisted his existence. Even though it was a bit unfair of her to do so, considering the story had change - the Nubes prince never did anything to harm her. But what didn't happen wasn't Mavi's concern. The Nubes prince simply wasn't her target.

"Are you going to mate with an outsider?"

Hodei Solo's question was expected. Mavi was not surprised to see the disgust on the Nubes prince's face. The prejudice between the three tribes were common in the current world. For a Nubes female to mate with a Mare male would surely cause many conflicts and anger. Let's not forget that in the original story, the two leading heroes had to face many disapproval because of their different tribe.

"Yes." Mavi answered bluntly.

"You_" Hodei Solo was startled by her straightforward response. "You can't."

Laughing inside, Mavi stare blankly at Hodei Solo. She was not a brainless person not to understand that the Nubes prince before her was interested in her.

"You can't." The man repeated.

"The bond have been recognized by the leader and elders today." Mavi reminded the Nubes prince of the alliance terms earlier that day. "The agreement have been made."

"No!" Hodei Solo was suddenly irritated. "I have speak to father. As long as you are against it, we will force the Mare out regardless of the alliance."

To break an alliance over a woman - some will say it's thoughtless, others will think it's romantic. Mavi, on the other hand, thought nothing of it. She could care less what the Nubes prince was saying.