05.6 - Earl Richard

The following days, Mimi would go off DJing late in the nights until 2 or 3 in the morning. Then she would go back to the apartment, sleep until late afternoon, wake up and lounge around until the next gig at midnight. While Mimi immersed herself to the nightlife at LA's most popular clubs, her popularity continues to grow. After a few months in LA, her name spread like wildfire - causing many establishments to seek her out to do shows for them. Mimi had purposely ignored all calls and stopped doing shows in order to heighten her value. Soon enough, the establishments knew to call Mimi's agent in order to make the deals.

"You've only been in LA for two months and already, you've giving me so much work"

Mimi was sitting on the window sill in her bedroom, looking out at the busy street. With her phone against her ear, she listen to her agent grumble lightly.

"Why are you complaining?" Mimi teased her agent. "More work means more money, D"

"If I die from work overload, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the money" Davina shot back.

Mimi laughed.

"There are several good offers" Davina sighed like she didn't know what to do with Mimi's carefree personality. "I've already accepted Kuji and Roy. For the next two weeks, you'll do shows for them. I'll text you the calendar later"

"Okay"

"There is also a photo shoot I have scheduled for you tomorrow afternoon. I've prepared a driver to come pick you up so_"

"I don't do photo shoots. I told you that before D"

"The publicity will be good for you" Davina continued as if Mimi hadn't spoken. "Make sure not to piss anyone off during the photo shoot or I'll fly to LA and kill you myself"

Mimi smirked at her feisty agent.

"Mimi, I'm serious. Do the damn photo shoot" Davina warned. "It's a good way to heighten the value of your name. This way, it's easier for me to negotiate business deals. You want more money right?"

"You know me so well D" Mimi grinned. "To use my weakness against me"

"Money and tall, gorgeous men" Mimi could hear Davina smirking through the phone. "Your weakness isn't difficult to grasp"

"Is the photographer hot?"

"Yup"

Mimi laughed evilly.

"And gay"

"Why do you have to ruin my fun?"

Now it's Davina's turn to laugh evilly. Hanging up on her agent, Mimi set the side of her head against the glass window. In silence, Mimi gave a quiet smile.

A few days after doing the photo shoot that her agent prepared, Mimi's picture was featured on several billboards and ads throughout the city of LA. Along with her growing popularity, the pictures of her caused many to take notice. The most memorizing photo was a side profile of her face while she had a hand on the large white headphone against her ear. The picture not only showed off her clear pale skin, it focused on the beautiful white and pink tattoo on her bare shoulder and arm. The picture was featured on one of the large digital billboards in the main downtown street of LA. Hundreds and thousands of people crossed the street every day. People could not help but to stop and stare at the photo of the unknown beauty. It wasn't until they learned the beauty name was Mimi that they connected her reputation as a popular DJ.

Mimi - on the other hand, continued to enjoy her night life in some of the city's most exclusive clubs which only the beautiful, wealthy or fame people could enter. Up in the center stage, Mimi in her sexy black leather pants and pink sleeve-less crop top, spinning records to the full-house club. The dancing crowd were completely engrossed and lost in Mimi's music.