04.13 - Tsai Xuan

It did not surprised any of the soldiers when Tsai Xuan and Muxue came back looking satisfied and embarrassed. While the Commander had a big grin on his handsome face, Muxue was flushed red. What's more, Tsai Xuan had one arm possessively around Muxue's waist as she sat in front of him on the black horse. His arrogant expression pretty much told all the men that Muxue was his. Wryly, the soldiers watched as their Commander stopped the horse, got down, and then helped Muxue down like a precious treasure.

"Th_ thank you General" Muxue quickly stepped away from Tsai Xuan, while glancing nervously at the soldiers like a guilty kitten. "S_ sorry I've delay the journey..."

Muxue was so red that none of the men could find it in their hearts to tease or confront her on what happened. Seeing the hickeys were barely hidden from her upper neck, the men all turned to their Commander with wry looks. Tsai Xuan smirked at them in returned before taking hold of Muxue's hand.

"D_ Don't touch me"

Muxue smacked Tsai Xuan's hand away causing him to frown. They had just passionate sex moments ago so Tsai Xuan had not expect Muxue to remain so cold to him.

"G_ General An" Muxue looked at him nervously before glancing back at his men. "Please keep proper distant... please..."

Seeing Muxue's uneasy manner, the men believed that the woman was frightened to be involved with another man when she was engaged. Ironically, the man she is involved with is her fiancé.

"Miss Han" One of the soldiers tried to diffuse the awkward situation by changing the subject. "We've been roasting some wild chicken. Would you like some?"

Muxue smile gratefully with a small nod before quickly following the soldier toward the bonfire. Seeing Muxue rushed off without a glance back at him, Tsai Xuan wanted to go after her but was held back by the shoulders by his general. Annoyed, Tsai Xuan could see the concern look at not only the general's face but the soldiers as well. He understood what they were trying to tell him. They wanted to know when he was going to tell Muxue who he really was.

Tsai Xuan was a man who did not know what fear was. He never felt nervous or timid about anything or anyone. But for the first time, he felt all those weak feelings in regards to Han Muxue. Every time he tried to tell her who he was, the words get stuck at his throat. It was especially annoying when his men looked at him with disappointment each time he failed to tell Muxue. When he wanted a moment alone with her to tell her the truth, she would avoid him in fear of what others might say if they see them alone.

"Muxue" Tsai Xuan caught Muxue just as she entered her tent for the night.

"No, please leave" Muxue tried to push him back out the tent.

"Muxue" Tsai Xuan hugged her tightly, whispering. "Why are you avoiding me? Did you not agree to be mine?"

"I_" Muxue pushed at his chest weakly. "I'm sorry, but we must maintain our distance. We can't harm Tsai Xuan's reputation. I'm still his fiancé"

"Muxue, I_"

"An, please" Muxue lifted her head up to looked into Tsai Xuan's face with pleading eyes. "Once we arrive to the capital. I promise to return Tsai Xuan's jade to him. I'm sure an honorable man like your commander will return my family jade"

"Muxue..."

"An..." Muxue smiled softly as she lifted her hand to touch his cheek. "When I have my family jade back, we can be together... I can be truly yours..."

Tsai Xuan held her to his heart, holding her tight as guilt consumed him. He couldn't find the courage to tell Muxue, afraid that her gentle smiles would disappear if he does. He had kept his identity a secret for so long now that it would be difficult to tell Muxue without any repercussion. Tsai Xuan had feared that if he let her know who he really was, she would hate him - worst, leave him. Meanwhile, Muxue buried her knowing smiles within his chest.