09.3 - Cyde

"Let me go!"

After being forcefully taken, any one would be resentful. As a strong headed character like Nilo, it didn't surprised Myka to receive the grunt of the boy's anger.

"You evil witch_"

Before the boy could finish, someone forced him to his knees.

"You dare to speak badly of Master! You ungrateful thing."

"It's an honor to be chosen by Master! You stupid little brat."

Myka - once again was lying lazily on a throne-like chaise chair, watching as her grown disciples fought with the little boy like a group of children.

"Enough." Myka was bored with the constant bickering. "I don't want to hear another word out of any of you."

While the others were smart enough to shut up, the naive little boy was not. Instead of being annoyed, Myka watched in amusement while the little boy vent until he was out of breath.

"Done?" Myka leaned her chin on the back of her hand.

Nilo's face was red and fuming but there was nothing else for him to say.

"Since you don't want to be my disciple," Myka's smile was cold. "You can be a servant instead."

His eyes widened in surprise and indignation.

"Take him to the servant quarters." Myka instructed one of her disciples.

How could a weak little boy fight against strong disciples of a powerful nine-tail fox? Even as he was dragged away kicking and screaming, Myka did not pay any attention.

"Master..." A young woman spoke out her concern. "The boy isn't willing... why go through the trouble and offend Master Lei for an unwilling child?"

Myka looked at the female disciple and gave a unreadable smile.

"Were you willing to become the scary fox's disciple in the beginning?"

Truth was - no child ever wanted to become Myka's disciples in the beginning. The woman with her black mask was like a witch in every child's nightmares.

"M_ Master..." The woman was clearly embarrassed as she stepped back with her head bowed low.

"Willing or not, once I have my eyes on the person. He cannot escape."

The disciples wondered if there was a deeper meaning to Myka's words, but no one dared to question her.

"Go. You all may leave." Myka leaned back on her chaise and said with her eyes close. "And control yourself when disciplining your new little brother. I don't want to find him dead."

The order pretty much told the disciples they can punish their new little brother for his insolent but they cannot kill him.

"Yes master."

Once she was alone, Myka opened her eyes - revealing a somewhat jaded expression.

"How many years do I have to wait this time...?"

With a soft sigh, Myka turned herself into a pitch black nine-tail fox. Curling herself into a ball, she went to sleep - waiting for time to pass.