BONUS: Masumi's Important Decision

Author's Note: For those of you who are unfamiliar, in my first couple of stories I used to write special chapters that were unrelated to the main plot of the story and were added as cute little fillers/fun extras. When I was on Quotev (rip), I used to write chapters for every 100 hearts I got on a story, and they were so entertaining to think up and write! This isn't really a bonus chapter, but more of a mini-story that revolves around Masumi. I hope you enjoy it ❤️

*

Seated in front of the mirror of his vanity, Masumi stared glumly at his reflection.

While the eldest of the Uchiha bunch was usually such a straightforward and decisive individual, this was one occasion where he simply couldn't make a choice. His gaze passed over the little polaroid photos that were stuck on either side of his mirror as he fiddled with his hair, letting it cascade down either side of his chest in all its sleek and silky glory.

Aside from his cunning, wit, and undeniable natural talent as one of Konoha's top ranked jōnin, Masumi Uchiha was also famed for his desirable, dark violet locks. It was no secret that the Uchiha took pride in his hair, which was highly envied by many women far and wide for its natural shine and bountiful volume. When he wore it up in his signature high ponytail, secured with a tight white hair tie, it fell to his mid back; when let down, it reached his upper hip.

His hair served as a model for his younger brothers Sora and Kaname, who also chose to grow their hair out. Jokes were often made in the family about Masumi trying to rival his mother's beauty by copying her beautiful tresses, and although he never took anyone's words to heart, the time had finally come for him to doubt his choice in hairstyle.

"Sumi? Are you coming down to eat?"

Masumi jolted in his seat as Hanako knocked on his door, calling out to her older brother as she delivered her mother's message.

"Uh, yeah," replied Masumi, pushing his office chair back and rising to his feet. "Coming."

Clearing his throat, Masumi checked his reflection once more as he tried to envision himself with a different haircut. What if he cut his hair short? Or got an undercut, like Riku? What other hairstyle could he possibly try?

Bringing himself to nothing but frustration as no feasible images came to mind, Masumi let out a loud groan and threw his hands in the air as he walked out of his bedroom.

He would have to seek out a second opinion elsewhere.

*

"I'm going to go shower and get ready for bed. Will you be up soon?"

"I'll be right up after I finish my tea."

"Alright. Sumi, you staying down here with your father?"

After dinner and the cleanup, everyone except for Haruki, Shisui, and Masumi had vacated the kitchen, catching the two parents by surprise as their eldest sat at the table with his father with no obvious reason.

"Yeah," replied Masumi softly, sitting rigidly with his hands clasped nervously in front of him. Exchanging a puzzled look with her husband, Haruki slowly returned to her seat beside him as he folded his newspaper and lay it down, allowing both of them to focus all of their attention on a now near-sweating Masumi.

"Is everything alright, Sumi?" asked Shisui quizzically, an eyebrow raised as he leaned back in his seat. With a concerned look on her face, Haruki reached out and placed a hand on Shisui's arm as they both surveyed their son.

"Yeah," repeated Masumi, wondering why his heart was beating so fast. It was only a haircut he was asking about - so why did he feel like he was about to unleash the worst news possible on his poor parents?