Tell The Hokage

"How are my babies feeling today?"

Haruki hushed Shisui as she met him at the gates of the Academy, where she would soon be picking Hanabi up from school. As usual, Hinata would head off alone to the training grounds to meet her father, meaning that Haruki and Hanabi would set off home without her. Apparently, Shisui had decided that he'd do the same for Sasuke before heading off on another mission, but both he and Haruki knew he just wanted an excuse to check up on her before he left the village.

"Shh, we're meant to be keeping it a secret!" exclaimed Haruki, covering Shisui's mouth as he hugged her from behind. Ever since she had discovered her pregnancy, Haruki had opted to wear looser, baggier clothes so that her bodily changes would remain unnoticed by not only her father, but the rest of her family as well. The only thing she had to be careful of was being in her father's presence when his Byakugan was activated; meaning, she and Hanabi had avoided the training grounds like the plague, no matter how much Hanabi griped about wanting to see them.

"Well, can you at least tell the Hokage?" whispered Shisui, kissing Haruki on the cheek. "The last thing you need to be doing is being out there on missions!"

"Telling the Hokage before I tell my father? That's-"

"What are you telling the Hokage, hmm?"

Haruki jumped in surprise, accidentally hitting Shisui in the chin with the back of her head as she did so. With a cry of pain, Shisui grabbed his face and stumbled backwards, leaving Haruki to face Kushina alone as the redhead approached with a bright smile on her face.

"Ah, just shinobi business," insisted Haruki hurriedly, waving away Kushina's query. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, thank you. How are you?"

"Very good, Kushina-sama."

"I'm good too!" called out Shisui, groaning as he straightened himself up.

"How is the baby?" asked Kushina slyly, earning nothing but a blank stare from the Hyūga.

"What baby?"

"You know, I agree with Shisui," said the Uzumaki pointedly, looking up at Shisui as he rejoined the pair. "Being out on active duty isn't safe. I'll speak to Minato about lessening the missions he gives you."

"Kushina-sama, what-?!"

"I'm no fool, Haruki," scoffed Kushina, tugging at the hem of Haruki's hoodie. "The only question is, how many months are you?"

Haruki looked at Shisui in defeat, before letting out a sigh.

"... four and a half," she mumbled, earning a nod from Kushina.

"Halfway there!" she said encouragingly, giving Haruki two thumbs up.

"Please, Kushina-sama... my father doesn't know yet... please don't say anything..."

"My lips are sealed! Could I tell Minato, though? I'm afraid he won't let you go on anything less than a B-Rank mission with your squad unless we give him a good reason for it."

"It can't be helped," grumbled Shisui, ruffling the back of his hair. "Haru-chan?"

"I-I guess that works too," stuttered Haruki, her hands instinctively finding their way to her belly. With a reassuring smile, Kushina added, "Congratulations. I wish you two all the best with your little one on their way."

"Thank you!"

Shisui beamed as he re-hugged Haruki once more, smothering her face with kisses as he held onto her tightly. He had never felt such immense love for anyone before this, and it was a feeling he had learned to treasure.