Reflection

"Hello."

"Oh, uh, hello. Can I help you?"

"I'm one of Haruki's friends. Is she home?"

Shisui smiled innocently at the older Hyūga woman who opened the door for him, hands behind his back as he waited for a response.

"Uh... yes, she is," said the woman slowly, looking over her shoulder and calling out up the staircase. "Hime-sama! You have a visitor!"

"Coming!"

Shisui peered over the caretaker's shoulder and watched as Haruki happily rushed down the staircase with a freshly bathed and dressed Hanabi in her arms, who giggled as her older sister jumped down step by step.

"Oh! Shisui!" exclaimed Haruki, feigning surprise as she saw the Uchiha at the door. "Hey, come in! We're about to have dinner, why don't you join us?"

"I mean, only if it's okay," said Shisui, looking up at the woman who was in charge of the household.

"It's not a problem, right, oba-san?" asked Haruki, lightly bouncing Hanabi around as she looked towards her caretaker. The woman sighed and stepped aside.

"I guess not. Come on in."

Shisui followed the women in, closing the door behind himself as he took off his shoes and made his way to the living room.

"Hi, Hinata!" called out the Uchiha as he saw the middle Hyūga child sitting at the dining table, focused entirely on her notebook before her. Blinking, Hinata looked up with wide eyes at Shisui, seemingly confused about his presence.

"Um... hello..."

"Hinata, we're going to be having dinner soon, okay?" said Haruki as she placed Hanabi on the floor, watching as she scurried towards the living room. "Shisui, you can just relax in the living room. Oba-san and I got it."

"No, let me h-"

Shisui was caught off guard as Hanabi latched onto his leg, looking up at him with big eyes as she tugged at the hem of his shirt.

"Play with me?" asked Hanabi innocently, her adorableness too much for even Shisui to resist.

"Aw, alright! What do you want to play?"

Haruki smiled as she turned her attention back to the kitchen, where her caretaker Sayaka was already getting out the dishes for their food. Fifteen minutes later, Hinata had packed her belongings and shifted off of the table, and Haruki and Sayaka had finished setting their places for dinner.

"Shisui! Hanabi! Time to eat!"

"Coming!"

Shisui lifted Hanabi from the ground and carried her to the table, seating her between himself and Haruki as Sayaka and Hinata sat across from them.

"You know, maybe kids aren't so bad after all," chuckled Shisui, patting Hanabi on the head as Haruki pulled her chair closer.

"You're still a kid too," reminded Haruki, shuffling Hanabi so that she was sitting directly at her side. "You've got a looooong time before it's your time to have kids."

Shisui grinned, unable to imagine himself fathering any children any time soon.

"Thanks for dinner, Haru-chan, oba-san!"

"Let's eat!"