Takeout

"See you all tomorrow!"

"Bye, Shisui-san! Bye Haruki-san!"

Having settled the children into their hotel and explained the programme to them and their chaperones, Haruki and Shisui waved the children off in their groups as they all left from the hotel conference room and headed towards their rooms for the night.

"Thank you," nodded Pakura, bringing out the last of the children from the hall and closing the door behind her. "We look forward to seeing you tomorrow."

"Likewise, Pakura-san!"

Once all the Suna representatives had disappeared, Haruki finally relaxed and let her shoulders slump with a sigh.

"They're such an active bunch," she groaned, stretching her back and letting out a loud yawn. "Who would've guessed?"

"Come on," chuckled Shisui, patting his wife on the shoulder and nudging for her to follow him out. "Home time!"

"Didn't okaa-san say she was having dinner with Reina-ba today?" asked Haruki, struggling to recall her mother-in-law's words from the previous night.

"Ah, you're right."

"I'm too lazy to cook."

"So am I."

"Well... looks like we'll be eating out, then!"

*

"Eat in or takeaway?"

"Takeaway, please."

Haruki waited patiently as Shisui ordered their food to go, checking the time nervously as she grew aware of how long they were taking to pick up their children. Because they'd had to spend more time with the Suna delegation than originally expected, they had asked the daycare center to keep their children there until 7 o'clock. It was now half past six, and Haruki was anxious about making sure they got the kids home on time. She had no doubt that the school would have fed them, but just in case, she wanted to make sure they weren't hungry when they got home.

"Wow, just when we thought we could have a date," joked Shisui, joining his wife in the waiting area. "But I guess this is good enough."

"We've got a big day tomorrow, so it wouldn't be a good idea to have one tonight anyway," laughed Haruki, leaning her head against Shisui's shoulder.

"I know you're against it, but I really wouldn't mind a getaway with just the two of us," sighed Shisui, placing his head on top of Haruki's. "Just me and you. No kids to worry about. No noise limit... if you know what I mean."

"Shisui!" gasped Haruki incredulously, reaching up and covering her husband's mouth. "Any louder?!"

"I wish," snorted the Uchiha, earning an elbow in the side. "Ow, okay, yes, sorry. But can we, Haru-chan? Even if only for a couple of days?"

"Okay, okay. But it'll have to be during the Academy break. I don't want to take time off of work."

"Noted. Let's pick a date, and I'll request leave from the Hokage. I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Good."

"Hmm... would this be a chance for us to try for a girl?" asked Shisui, contemplating their options. Haruki rolled her eyes and sat up, shoving him aside.

"You wish. Let's wait a couple more years before we start trying again, okay?"

"Whatever you say, boss."