Chapter 30: Reality

Long and insightful chapter ahead
(Yes, you read that right!!)
___________________________________

"How are you feeling?" Eunbi walked in closer, Taehyung just stared at her wide eyed. Jimin looked back and forth between them, a little nervous.

Taehyung didn't reply, he breathed out as his eyes started watering "What are you doing here..?" He said softly, his eyebrows furrowed together in pain.

"Taehyung.." Eunbi's eyes softened, she went over to his side of bed and rested her palm over his hand, "Please.. please hear me out."

Hoseok eyed Jimin and Yoongi before he slightly cleared his throat, "I think it's better if we.." He started, addressing to particularly no one when Jimin and Yoongi nodded and hurried over to the door, Hoseok hadn't even finished and to see the guys' reaction, he was lost at his own words; he quickly recollected his thoughts and said, "We'll be outside," before he turned around, hesitant to leave, yet he did.

Taehyung slowly withdrew his hand from underneath Eunbi, while his vision turned blurry, he clenched his jaw, "Why did you never tell me?"

"I was trying to protect you, Taehyung."

"Why?!" Taehyung yelled, tears shamelessly flowing down his cheeks, "I am not your son, I am not your blood, I am no one to you! Then why?!"

"That's not true," Eunbi's voice broke as she softly uttered, tears streaming down her own eyes, "Please don't say thatㅡ Tae, you are my sonㅡ and I wanted you to have only happy memories.."

Taehyung shook his head slowly, clenching his teeth to stop the tears which never stopped flowing, he sniffled, "No matter what you say.. I am just a stranger." 

"No, you're not," Eunbi reconciled immediately, her fingers touching his cheek before she let her palm cup his side of face, "Listen, Kim Taehyung," Eunbi said before she pressed her lips together into a smile, "No matter what you say, no matter what you think, you are my son. And you will always be. I am sorry for hiding everything that could be of importance, but all these years that I spent with you, like mother and son, I can't imagine anything more blissful than that. You made me smile when I thought I couldn't anymore.. I-"

"How'd you find me? Who are you exactly?" Taehyung interrupted her rambling. She paused, after a few seconds, she pulled herself back and slightly chuckled as she rubbed at her eyes, "I guess it's time for you to know," she took a breath and sighed out, slightly tilting her head back as she looked elsewhere and above, "Aish.. I never really thought this day would come," She said before her eyes trailed back to meet Taehyung's, "to face our reality, that is."

Taehyung didn't say anything, he pursed his lips and silently waited.

"I found you when.."

//

"She isn't picking up her telephone," Eunbi scoffs, "God, this is frustrating. I have been trying to reach that good woman from hours, Nari!"

"It's okay," Nari giggled before she coughed, "Just don't lose your calm, okay? And, protect him, please."

"Aigoo. What's with your extra sensitive tone of voice? Of course I will. When have I ever failed a case?"  Eunbi pouted

"Never," Nari smiled.

"I am driving over to their place right now, don't worry, they're going to be fine," Eunbi said before sighing, "I am going to be busy once I get to them, y'know?"