Chapter 11: Piano

PAST

"Taehyung-ah, your eomma loves music, it helps her to be calm and makes her happy." Taehyung's mother smiled at him as she sat infront of her piano.

"I love to hear you play! Please play something again." Taehyung said with his innocent grin.

His mother pinched his cheeks slightly and then started playing a self-composed piece, "Tae, this is a piece that me and my bestfriend composed together, as a symbol of our friendship."

"Your bestfriend? Aunt Jung?" Taehyung blinked his eyes.

She laughed at his innocence, "No, my bestfriend lives back in Daegu, she had this huge piano and we both learned together to play it." She smiled. The mild sunrays coming from the window nearby softly illuminated her face, her fingers beautifully stroked the piano keys. Taehyung felt like she was an angel. He knew it. He was sure. His mother was an angel.

He prompty grabbed her elbow and whined, "Eomma! Eomma, teach me too!"

"Okay, my baby" She mumbled softly and took his hand, placing it on top of the piano keys, "First, play this and this."

"Like this?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

"Like this." She softly rectified his fingers' position.

It look him a little while to do it correctly, but he could play the part he had learnt, even though it wasn't fluent.

She gazed at her son who played the piano; looking at him smile, she smiled too, and a tear escaped her eye.

Suddenly the main door shut close, a harsh sound filling the environment.

"Taehyung, your dad is home." She quickly wiped the tear, "It's time for bed. Go."

"But mom.."

"I said go! Now!"

PRESENT

After two days, Taehyung finally got better. More like, gained back his proper conscience.

He woke up, feeling terribly hot under the thick blankets. He must have been in Antartica while having a fever, but now it was no less than a desert. He groaned and shoved the blanket away. Sitting up, he only got welcomed by a dizzy black-out. He immediately face-palmed with one hand as a reflex to stop the fuzziness in his head.

"Taehyung! You're finally awake!"

After he felt he wasn't going to black-out again, he slowly turned his head, "Ah, Jimin!" He smiled faintly and turned his legs around to put on the floor, "How long has it been?"

"A couple of days. You really did get a high fever." Jimin smiled; extending his hand to Taehyung's head, messing his hair up. Taehyung growled in resistance but Jimin only giggled, "How are you feeling?"

"Better. Where's Yoongi-hyung?" Taehyung asked and stood up, slightly feeling the dizziness rushing through his head again, vision blacking out.

"Pabo, you shouldn't stand up if you aren't okay." Jimin huffed, strided towards Taehyung and supported his frame with his hands.

"I'm fine.. I want to go out."

"No you can not."

He really wanted to go out. Afterall, his fever was gone, he still did feel a little weak, but nothing too serious that would hamper his daily life.