Chapter 1: Reunion

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

The alarm clock's noise woke someone up. The annoying monotony made him frustrated and he shoved the gadget off the cabinet. Making it crash on the floor.

It wasn't the only thing that fellㅡ undesirably and unintentionally, while being in a mostly unaware state, he shoved something else too. And the loud cracking noise of the glass had brought about a gush of fear in his mind; completely gaining his conscience, he shut his eyes openㅡ an unsettling feeling overtaking his body.

He jumped off the bed and kneeled down, his bare knees touching the cold floor as he stared at the broken frame.

He picked it up, shattered remnants fell off the front; he turned it around and gazed at the photo frame. That very frame held an important picture.

He bit his lip, staring at the friend just beside him in the pictureㅡboth happy and carefree in their younger days, with passionate smiles that lacked any stress, he noticed how he stood in the picture with a straightened shy face.

He let out a distressed sigh and opened the drawer, placing the frame inside in an upside down manner so he wouldn't see the picture again.

"It's time to let go, isn't it?" He chuckled in his deep dry voice, the tone highly governed by doubt. He buried his face in his hands and stayed still for a few seconds, absorbing the darkness before rubbing his face and hair vigourously.

Patting on his cheeks, he stood up along with the clock, "Hoseok, you will be alright." He firmly placed the clock on the counter and walked towards the bathroom, promising himself to clean up the shambles later.

Striping out of his bed clothes, he walked into the shower and twisted the knob, causing the head to pour out warm water out of the sprouts. It soothed him, as he let out a deep sigh; his mind still muddled up with an unknown frustration.

He was supposed to be happy. Today, afterall, was going to be his first day at college. A new start to life, a better start. But he wasn't looking forward to it; he really wanted to, badly, but no matter how hard he tried to be enthusiastic about it, it never worked.

He closed the knob and got out of the shower; sliding into his bath robe, he took a towel and pat his fiercely red hair dry, he got out and wore a fresh pair of clothing; black trousers, black jacket and a hat with khaki print; casual yet oddly fine for his first day of college. He didn't want or desire to overdo anything.

He grabbed his belongings; sliding his backpack over one shoulder as he got out of his apartment and locked the door shut

He grabbed his belongings; sliding his backpack over one shoulder as he got out of his apartment and locked the door shut. He started his journey towards his new university life.

|

Reaching the large university entry gate, he was mesmerized by the giant elegant building that was situated at a great distance; before it was a gigantic fountain with more than a few sprouts and the campus was basically covered in greenery. From his position, everything looked pleasant, and the garden nearby with a view towards the lake was very welcoming.