Chapter 23: Bonds

TRIGGER WARNING
_____________________________________

Taehyung woke up from his sleep, a few moment of disorientation and cluelessness prevailed before his heart swirled down into despair.

But he was surprised when he noticed himself cuddling with Hoseok on the small single bed, their bodies surprisingly close and radiating heat. Hoseok's hands were wrapped around Taehyung, securing him in his embrace. He looked at Hoseok who's eyes were peacefully closed, he was sleeping soundly.

He did feel happy, Hoseok kept his promise of being there for him. But he also felt quite guilty for making Hoseok be there for him. It was a conflict.

But, for that short peaceful second, he gazed at Hoseok's resting face that radiated a healthy glow. He stared down at his lips, and given the really short distance between their faces, he couldn't resist the urge to just lean in a few centimeters close. He placed his lips softly on Hoseok's and kissed him.

It woke him up immediately, his eyes widened as he began trying to process the situation. Taehyung noticed his widened eyes and quickly pulled back centimeters away, licking his own lips, "I'm sorry." He whispered before he met eyes with Hoseok.

Hoseok didn't wait before he promptly leaned in and pulled Taehyung into a desperate kiss. Taehyung kissed back, their lips caressing each other's mouth in haste synchronisation. Hoseok opened his mouth against his own and ran his tongue through Taehyung's bottom lip, making shivers travel down his spine. Soft groans escaped from their throat in between, a pleasurable feeling overtaking both of them, while yet feeling the need of breathe. Their bodies almost sticking against each other in the small bed.

Hoseok took the help of his elbow and pulled himself up, his lips still not leaving Taehyung for once, he turned a little more such that he could stare down at Taehyung's face. His other palm rested on his face while they kissed.

If it was any other moment, Hoseok would want to go forward with his actions. However a feeling of guilt overtook his senses, as well as feeling of insecurity when the memories of the night during the trip hit him back. Also, he didn't want to force Taehyung to be affectionate while he was supposedly still feeling troubled. With all that in mind, he broke the kiss and pulled back, gazing down at his features while panting.

Both of them were gasping for breath and didn't leave each other's eyes.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung muttered, his puppy like eyes seeming a bit concerned.

"You idiot, I'm supposed to ask you that." Hoseok slightly chuckled, making Tae smile, before he became silent and only a smile rested on his lips, his fingers tracing Taehyung's face, "Seriously though, are you okay?"

"I could be better. But I'm glad you're here right now," He paused for a second and frowned his eyebrows, "Were you really sleeping though?"

That caused both of them to break into laughter. "Yes, I was. But, I'm a light sleeper I think. I couldn't understand what was on my lips till I recalled where I was actually. I didn't know you'd be eager enough to prey on me while I slept."

Taehyung blushed, getting flustered immediately, "I-I wasn't preying on you! I- I just felt like kissing you..." He pouted.

Hoseok grinned before he pecked his lips again. Taehyung smiled at him and both of them stayed silent for a few seconds.

"But," Taehyung started, "I'm really sorry for.. not being myself these last few weeks.. I know I'm giving you less time even though I want to be with you."

"Hush," Hoseok placed his finger on his lips to shush him, "I know." He gazed at him for a few seconds before he smiled, "Let's go out and get something to eat. You haven't ate anything all day."