Chapter 28: Fail

Everyone sat around their table at the cafe. However, their usual excitement had long vanished.

"I'm sorry.." Jungkook had ditched his shift and sat with them at the table, "Is he okay now? Can I go see hyung?"

"Jungkook..." Jimin tried to calm him down, however the boy looked frantic, almost shaking, tears forming in his eyes.

"Why did none of you call me before?!" Tears finally flowed down his eyes, "Why am I only learning about it today..?" He lowered his head, using his palm to try and hide the tears. Everyone's already sad faces had softened more to see the young boy cry.

"We're sorry.. Jungkook, you had exams. And we were already very devastated.. we didn't want for you to mess up your exams, okay?"

"That's bullshit."

"Jungkook." Seokjin warned him at that tone.

"No!" Jungkook snapped back, "I'm sorry, but NO. He's my hyung.. I just- can't-" He whimpered, his voice strained.

"I know you're pained, we all are..." Jimin said in a soft reassuring voice as he pat his back.

Jungkook just sobbed silently, sniffling and just trying to hide his face.

Hoseok seeing Jungkook crying, clenched his jaw as he looked out, feeling a bit uneasy as he shook his leg in a restless manner. A few seconds later he got up, grabbing his backpack.

"Where are you going?" Jimin squinted his eyes, scrutinizing his volatile form.

"To see Taehyung."

Yoongi looked kind of distressed at that, "Wait-- Hoseok, the visiting hours are-"

"I know, but I want to see him, okay? I'll wait there. " Hoseok said in a hyper tone before he stormed off.

"I- I want to go too-" Jungkook rubbed his eyes, getting up but Jimin pulled his down back.

"Not right now, okay? We'll all visit him in the evening." Jimin said.

"But,"

"Hush now." Jimin said in a stern manner and smiled sadly, ruffling his fingers through the boy's head.

Yoongi having seen it all, just pressed his lips and got up.

"Where are you going now?" Seokjin enquired eyeing the guy.

"Just out.. to get some air." Yoongi replied with whatsoever no show of interest. His eyes met with Jimin's, they looked at each other for a second. Before Jimin could say anything else, Yoongi left.

|

Hoseok made his way to the hospital. It had been 2 days since the incident, and he couldn't drop the feeling of guilt and also the feeling of not leaving him for even a second. However, all he could now stare at was an unconscious Taehyung, with an uncertainty regarding when he will return from his ceaseless sleep, or if he will ever even return.

The possibility terrified him. Was Taehyung going to remain like this forever?

He seated himself a little away from the counter such that he could mindlessly stare at the ticking clock.

Time passed and he just waited for the visting hours to start. Half an hour to go. Another span of time for which he could spend tormenting himself with all that has been happening recently-- about how it's all going down.

People enquired different things at the reception, some which Hoseok heard, some which he ignored.

But one enquiry stuck him more hard than a lightning.