Chapter 5: Squad

SURPRISEEE!!
_______________________________

PAST

"What do you like to do the most?" Hoseok asked, licking the ice-cream cone.

"Hmm?" Taehyung hummed and licked his lips, "I love to spend time with you!"

"That's not what Iㅡ I asked you about an activity.."

"But isn't this an activity?" Taehyung pouted.

Hoseok rolled his eyes, "Thenㅡ what about spending time with your family?"

Taehyung remained silent; after a long awkward pause, he smiled, "I love spending time with only you."

His smile wasn't a completely happy one.

"Okay, so what else do you like to do?"

"Eating icecream, crepes, burger, sprite and any food with you! Riding bicycle with you, walking along the river with you, and and-"

Hoseok lightly knocked his head, "Pabo! What else apart from being with me?" He took the last bite of the icecream cone in his mouth and crunched onto it.

"Hmm... I don't know.." Taehyung tried to think, but instead his eyes welled up.

"Yah! Are you okay?! Why are you crying all of a sudden?!"

"I don't know.." he mumbled.

"Aish.." Hoseok sighed, he pulled him closer and hugged him, "I don't know why you're crying, but it'll be alright, don't cry, I'm here with you."

Taehyung didn't reply, he just quietly sobbed in his embrace.

PRESENT

After the shower, he slipped into his clothes and went back to the room; patting his head dry with the towel.

"Hey." He awkwardly said amidst the silence that was already prevailing in the room beforehand.

Yoongi didn't say anything; Hoseok looked at him and looked back at Taehyung and stood up, "Hey. You had a call from Ji-"

"Hmm?"

"Yah!! How could you guys hang out without me?!" Jimin flung the door open, startling Taehyung and he gasped and stumbled forward. He crashed onto Hoseok frame, but his slender limbs were firmly caught by the taller guy. Their faces too close. For a moment they stayed that way, gazing at each other, too awkward and unsure of what to do.

"Wow." Jimin's eyes were sparkling.

Hoseok and Taehyung blushed and pulled back, the former clearing his throat while Taehyung looked everywhere but at him.

Yoongi was observing everything from a safe distance.

Jimin walked closer and whispered into Taehyung's ears, "Who is this feline looking guy?"

"I can hear you." Yoongi glared at him.

"Then, you can tell me your name too." Jimin walked to the bed and sat there, staring into his laptop screen, "What are you doing?"

"Uh- none of your business."

Jimin had a smug look, "It's fine, I took a few business classes, I can help you with yours."