Queen for a Day

((S5)) 

Adora held pieces of her broken sword as Bow laid a comforting hand on her shoulder. She let a mix of emotional tears fall as she looked up at her friend. "I don't know how, but in the end Etheria will be ours again. We will defeat the Horde and win." 

"That's the spirit!" Bow said with a warm smile on his face. He looked up at the stars around them. It was beautiful to see even with the impending threat of the Horde literally hovering over them. 

Prime's ships slowly moved above them going toward the Fright Zone. Most of them had to land in the Crimson Waste. 

*

Prime put his feet on the ground an hour later. "My queen, come here." 

Catra wore a long white cloak and new outfit. It was white, gray and green no holes or tears to be seen. She felt out of place. Red and black were her colors, not this. Prime wanted her looking clean. "This is the Fright Zone. In ruins from Hordak blasting it with his arm cannon." 

"Why is it like this?" He inquired. 

Catra had just told him. She guessed he hadn't been listening. Then she switched to a lie. "Trying to catch Princess Entrapta from escaping, but she did." 

"My oh my what was her crime?" He asked, all creepy eyes on her. 

"Lying to Hordak of course." Catra walked into the broken part where the Black Garnet was. "This gem has power. We just need to get it working." 

"Boss, the pink/purple haired girl won't stop talking." A smaller clone said, very annoyed. 

Glimmer was brought in by three other guards. She was chained at the ankles and wrists. 

"Queen Glimmer, you're not being so lady like. One that rules never raises their voice unless needed." Prime said, admiring the garnet. "Can you make it work?" 

Glimmer had tried to turn it off before Prime had taken her and the others to his ship. "I have no idea. It's doubtful it will work for me. I'm not the one that it's connected to." 

She immediately bit her own tongue for that one. That was beyond stupid of me! She said angrily to herself with her inside voice. 

Connected? He thought. "So another it will work for? Who should I seek out?" 

Catra answered, "She-Ra. She has blonde hair with this dumb poof in the front. Can't miss her." 

Glimmer's eyes popped in surprise. She forced herself to look to the ground. Catra was lying to Prime. Why? Was this some part of a bigger plan?

Little did she know that Adora/She-Ra no longer had possession of her sword. 

*

"I can't fix this." Bow said, trying to super glue the sword back together. He was giving up. "Is there anything else to being She-Ra. Anything at all?" 

Adora had to sit and think. 

"May I come in?" King Micah said from the hallway. 

Adora nodded, but didn't look at him. "Sure." 

"Just because you lost the swords power doesn't mean there isn't magic." Micah told her. "Shadow Weaver told me long ago that there is magic everywhere." 

She felt defeated. "I'm not magic. I don't have what you do. I wasn't born with powers." 

Adora saw a clip of hope in her head. "Mara . . . " She turned around. "I need to see Razz." 

*

Catra once again sat in Hordak's old throne chair. She felt powerful right now. 

"Little brother will join us soon." Prime said, arms crossed and looking around the room. "I could get use to this place. It needs to be remodeled though."