5,4,3,2,1 . . . (Part 2/ xmaswhoa)

-sitting here since March/ unfinished - just no desire to finish it. 10/2/23

It was now New Year's eve, the countdown to a new year. 

Catra was nervously pacing around the bedroom she shared with Adora. She could still feel Glimmer's lips on hers. Why the flip did she let Glimmer kiss her?! UGH! This was frustrating. 

Was there a secret meaning behind it all? Did Glimmer have feelings for her? She really wanted answers. 

"Stop thinking about her!" She scolded herself in a oval shaped mirror. Stomping over to the bed she flopped down on the soft-ish surface and let out a small cry. She was use to sleeping on a firm surface from her days with the Horde. Since getting a softer new one falling onto the bed actually hurt. She looked around, everything in here except some clothing was Adora's. "I need my own room." 

Now she laughed to herself. A little louder each time until tears fell down. Wanting her own room meant that she had to talk to Glimmer, or Sparkles as she liked to call her. 

*

Perfuma had ignored any messages from Adora. As much as she liked the kiss she couldn't talk about it. She couldn't talk about the way Adora softly kissed her and how wonderful it had been. 

Her memory went to her relationship with Scorpia. They really did have a lot of great times together. Even they thought they'd be forever. There was only so many times that she could put petals or an unflatable ball on the stinger of Scorpia's venomous tail. 

She also liked things simple and uncomplicated. Anything getting the way of inner peace would just make her stir crazy. Scorpia had given her much joy and they had been happy. It was time to move on. 

At dinner one night Perfuma insisted that they talk at length. What turned into a twenty minute meal extended into an almost two hour break-up. They'd both listed the positives and negatives of their relationship. They'd parted on fairly good terms, but it still hurt. 

Perfuma was tie-dying a white blanket with soft blue and pink colors when she felt someone staring at her. Her eyes looked up to see a familiar face. "Lonnie?" 

The short, dark skinned girl came shyly over to her. People that knew Lonnie knew being shy wasn't really something she was. She came over trying to avoid Perfuma's doe like eyes. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure. What is it?" Perfuma said, her voice curious. 

"Scorpia wants to know if there's a chance for you and her to try again." Lonnie said, feeling awkward as some of Perfuma's friends and family looked on. 

Perfuma was a little hurt that Scorpia didn't come herself. "I'm just getting over that relationship. Things are a bit complicated for me right now. If she wants to talk to me again she can. Would you like to stay for lunch?" 

Lonnie shook her head. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'll see you around." She jogged into the woods. 

Perfuma only ate half of her lunch as thoughts of Adora came into her head. She knew that Adora and Catra were happily together. At least Perfuma assumed they were happy. 

*

Glimmer and Bow had barely spoken in the past two days. Both were questioning their relationship. 

Bow had given much thought to the kiss with SeaHawk. He had liked it, but what he wanted most was Glimmer. He wasn't sure where her head or heart was right now. 

Glimmer felt like she had the weight of the world on her small shoulders. She loved Bow so much, but that kiss she'd had with Catra was special. She wondered if Catra was thinking of her. 

*

Adora and Swift Wind had been flying around for some time now. 

"Where do you wanna go?" Swift Wind asked for the fourth time in the last fifteen minutes. "My wings need a break." 

Adora wanted to break something, but not someone's heart. "Just go to the Crimson Waste it's a fairly quiet place to think." 

"And to get robbed." Swift Wind said loudly as he turned and flew in that direction. 

Adora thought back to the time when Perfuma came to help them in the Valley of the Lost. Getting Mara's spaceship out was a lot of work. Including fighting with "Catra" and now she knew the truth. Catra had told her it had been Double Trouble posing as her that day. 

Adora had been upset and four days passed without them speaking. 

*

Catra had written down the question she needed to ask Glimmer. She left it where she knew Glimmer would find it. 

Glimmer found her shoving french fries into her face an hour later. "You couldn't just ask me?" She let the note float onto the table. 

Catra refused to look up. "Yeah, well things with us are complicated." 

Glimmer came around and sat beside her. 

Catra still refused to look at her, but could smell the lavendar on her skin. Why does she have to smell so  . . . delicious?! GAH!

"I know in my heart that Bow and I are meant to be. It doesn't mean that I can't have feelings for someone else. No one can help who they fall for." Glimmer softly said as their skin brushed. "Maybe we could try to have this group relationship." 

Catra laughed. "Good one, Sparkles. No one wants that to happen." 

"Bow and SeaHawk had a moment." Glimmer said and watched Catra's ears stand at attention. 

"Bow likes a boy now?" Catra was caught off guard by that, but then again he did wear navel revealing tops. 

"Yeah, he's always had a crush on him, but I didn't fully register it until recently. Everything now is complicated. It's like 5, 4,3, 2, 1 and BOOM! Everyone's worlds are exploding. Ya know what I'm calling a meeting. As queen I can do that!" She squeaked happily and popped out. 

Catra sighed heavily. Thoughts of being trapped with her on Prime's ship swam slowly through her mind. It was really nice to have that small memory of them talking. She was inside the cell while Glimmer was on the other side. 

And Glimmer popped back in two minutes later. The meeting will start in three hours." She told Catra. "We're gonna try to sort this all out." She said them gave Catra a quick kiss on her cheek. "I know I hated you once, these days not so much." 

A few hours later . . . (yes, we all hear spongebob, huh?) haha 

Glimmer was talking to herself as she paced. She heard the door click and it opened.

Scorpia poked her head inside. "Hey, uh, is it ok if I come in?" 

Glimmer popped over to her. "Yes, have a seat. The others should be coming any time now." 

And seven minutes later, "Ugh this is sooooo stupid." Mermista's bored and  dry voice said.