Believe in us . . .cat/adora+

Adora was always praising Catra for trying new things. Catra often said thank you and kissed her girlfriend. One day Adora was sitting alone having a sandwhich of PB and J and just thinking. After all of these months, years and all she'd never heard Catra say anything encouraging to her. 

She laughed softly to herself as she thought, Catra would never say Believe in yourself, you got this, I'm proud of you. You are a joy, a star, or you're so kind. These thoughts made her upset. Catra would never say I will pray for you. A blessing, my angel or you're special. 

Did Catra even know these words? Adora felt like Catra knew them, but she never used them before. Knowing it was incredibly hard for Catra to say I love you was a little sad. Even several months later it was still hard for her to say. Adora had seen her struggle with emotions before, but not like this. 

"Hey . . . " Catra said in a whisper behind her. "Adora." She said in a lower tone and followed by a super cute high pitched laugh. 

Adora laughed at a memory. She had remembered when Bow said that Catra had the cutest sneeze, which was odd. No, Catra's laughed 100% topped that. "Hey, babe."   

"I think we should have a dinner tonight outside and look up at the stars." She smiled showing teeth. 

Adora looked at her funny. Catra wasn't big on planning things like that. She knew this wasn't her idea, but an idea surely that Glimmer had told her. "I have no plans. Sure."            

"Great!" Catra said too happily then ran off. 

Adora watched her leave. "Weird, but okay." 

*

"She said yes to the date!" Catra told Glimmer in the hallway. 

"See! You CAN be romantic and do things on your own." Glimmer said. 

Catra nodded. "I'm so not good at this stuff." 

"You'll get use to it!" Glimmer told her. "It'll get easier each time." She grabbed Catra's arm and teleported them to the kitchen. 

Catra looked sick as she swayed back and forth. 

"Sorry." Glimmer said as her cheeks turned red. 

The head chef, Drew, a tall man with a slight weight problem came over. His facial hair had grown in thick and black. His smile was nice to look at. 

"I'd like you to please prepare a few of Adora's favorite foods. Catra will tell you what she likes too." 

Catra felt odd being around the man. She usually barked orders at people. Teaching her to be nice to people had been hard. Adora had been very frustrated, but understood her behavior. "I'm gonna set up a romantic dinner for Adora and I." She told the chef. 

Drew had grabbed a pen and paper. "Miss Adora loves pizza. Should I do one for her and one for you? If so tell me what you'd like on yours."                  

All the new foods and flavors had been welcoming but overwhelming too. Everything here topped those stupid ration bars the Horde use to give them. "Lots of cheese and those round things that are red. I don't care for vegtables." 

"They're good for you, Catra." Glimmer said, "Get them side salads please toss in a few dressing options for them, thanks." 

Catra made a face at her. 

Drew nodded and wrote it all down. "Those red things are pepperoni." He said, keeping his eyes down. 

"Yeah those!" Catra said in an excited voice. "Tha-Thanks."