Chasing A New Beginning:Rqst:mileoh/Kyle

*If you're reading The MerHawk story some of those characters are in this! 

"Where's Kyle?" Lonnie asked, wringing out her wet clothing. They had failed a mission in the Growling Sea and now they were now stuck in the MeadowLands. 

Rogelio looked around and shrugged. He was wet too, but he didn't care. 

Lonnie saw the five soldiers that had come with them huddled together. She yelled at them. "Hey, have any of you seen Kyle?" 

They shook their heads and looked around. None of them really cared where Kyle was. 

Lonnie was now scared. Did Kyle drown? A few tears fell from her eyes.

Kyle was passed out on a desolate small beach in the bend near SeaWorthy. It was three miles from where the Horde ship had went down. 

He woke up an hour later. "Where am I? He said as his eyes adjusted to his surroundings. 

"Near SeaWorthy." A voice said. 

Kyle felt his heart race as he turned to see a guy. "Who are you?" 

He smiled. "The name is Chase Chellae and I'm nineteen. I live near Salineas." 

Kyle felt the weight of his wet clothing. "Oh, cool. I'm Kyle Ormond and I'm almost eighteen. My birthday is next month. Uh . . . do you mind if I take my shirt off?" 

"Doesn't bother me." Chase said as his golden curly hair that was laying on his shoulders blew in the soft breeze. His glorious emerald eyes shone brightly against the light. 

Kyle just stared at him stupidly. Then took off his shirt. 

"You don't get out in the sun very often do ya?" Chase asked with a laugh. 

Kyle looked away. Yep, he was pale as a ghost. "Nope, I really don't." 

Chase was caught between emotions. He'd saved a member of the Horde instead of letting him drown. "So you work for them, huh?" He said, looking at the Horde symbol on Kyle's wet shirt. "Why?" 

Kyle only had two real friends, Lonnie and Rogelio. It was weird talking to Chase. He'd spoken to Bow while he'd been locked up, but that was kind of different. "I was brought up in that place. I was left behind as a child and my parents didn't come back for me in Thaymor. Even if they had came back the Horde had already taken me away. I was only two years old." 

Chase looked sad. "Why don't you go back to Thaymor and look for them?"

"I don't know. I mean I could if I wanted to. It's not like I'd be missed." Kyle said, looking out at the water. "You swam us here?" He asked noticing there was nothing but ocean in front of him. 

"Sure did, Kyle." Chase winked at him. 

*

Lonnie and Rogelio had been walking and she'd been yelling out his name. The guards that had came with them were long gone. "So much for sticking together." She complained. "Ro, if you see any sign of Kyle let me know." 

Rogelio nodded at her as they kept walking. 

*

"You said we're in SeaWorthy?" Kyle said, feeling awkward. He saw a ship in the distance and stood up. 

Chase yanked him down. "Don't!" He warned him. "Most Pirates are jerks. They'll rob you if you have anything valuable. If not they'll make you walk the plank, feed you to the sharks and other hungry sea creatures. P.S. you're one lucky guy. If I hadn't been swimming by you'd be lunch."