"He can't take a two-hour break to come work with us?" Roger asked

Brian shrugged and Freddie walked more towards me shaking his head.

"You're always telling me how he doesn't do anything anyway, so why not just get on without him?" I asked as I took a chocolate bar from my purse.

"No, we never said that," Roger responded twirling his drumstick between his fingers. The blonde was wearing a red t-shirt with his usual patched up blue jeans today. His sunglasses hanging on the neck of his shirt. "We do need him to work."

I nodded taking a bite of my chocolate bar. Freddie came over and I gave him half of it. He sat down next to me and began to eat it.

"He's been coming up with some pretty bloody good basslines that's for sure," Brian said and Roger nodded in agreement.

"He's gotten us farther along than any of other bassists combined," Roger said and they all nodded.

"I'll knock some sense into him," I said standing up, grabbing my bag once again.

"Nina you don't have to," Brian said but I shook my head.

"No it's perfectly fine, I'll be back with or without him. It will be fun to see which one it is."

"Do you have any more chocolate bars?" Roger asked and I rolled my eyes. I dug into my bag and pulled one out, tossing it to him.

"Thanks, Nina." He said. "It's the least you could do after making me wait so long to use my own bathroom."

I glared at him.

"You want me to take that back Rog? I'm sure Deaky would appreciate it too." I said putting my hands on my hips. He shook his head before unwrapping it.

"I'll be back you crazies."

I opened the door to his flat and walked in to find him on the floor. Books, papers, binders all spread out on the ground. He was so concentrated. His hair was messy and he had food wrappers all over the floor.

"You don't look good there Deaks," I said making my presence known. He jumped a bit.

"Nina." He said startled. I didn't hear you come in."

"Because you're so sucked into these books." I laughed sitting down next to him.

"I know, I know, I just gotta study." He replied putting his book down.

"John, you do realize how smart you are right?"

"I'm sorry?" He said looking up at me.

"John you are like one of the smartest people I know, you're gonna pass with flying colors."

"Well thank you, Nina, but that doesn't mean I don't have study my arse off until the exams."

"But it does mean you can go to band practice," I told him and he sighed.

"I wanted to, I really did, but there is too much information to make sure I know before exams. I'm really sorry to let the guys down. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to replace me, I haven't been much of help lately."

"Deaky they aren't gonna replace you, they love you too much for that. But are you planning on going to practice at all until the exams are over?" I asked and he sighed again.

"Probably not,"

"I would bribe you with a chocolate bar but Rog ate it."

"Typical." He said laughing.

There was a moment of silence before I spoke again.

"Listen to me, you know the material, I know you do, you know you do, so lighten up a bit, and if you absolutely need to fill that need to study, bring your stuff to practice, just please, take a break for me Deaky."