Chapter 54

A/N: Its a short conclusion, but I felt it was best to make this the last chapter before the epilogue. I hope you enjoy.

Please read the note at the bottom, thanks!

No One's POV:

Jimin paced around the front den of the pack house nervously gnawing at his fingernails. Jeongguk and Taehyung were not in much better spirits, but the advantages of being primaries helped to settle some of the negative emotions. Heightened hearing made the ticking of the clocks seem louder than fireworks at close range, each click a painful reminder of another second passing not knowing the condition of their mate.

"This is stupid, I knew we shouldnt have let him go unprotected!" Jimin uttered kicking Taehyung's slipper out of his way. "What if something bad happens, hm? What if that stupid cloaking spell doesnt work and that fucking beta hurts him?! Its going to be my fault again! I-I-I can-cant go thr-through it again~" the alpha whined brokenly, crouching in on himself to seek comfort.

Jeongguk carefully kneeled beside him, hand running through the strands of unruly blond. "Nothing bad is going to happen, now quit moping."

"Gukk-"

"No! I'm sick of the pessimism in this pack, holy shit! Yoongi is a strong omega- our omega at that. Nothing is going to come between him and his end goal. The worst that's going to happen is a few bumps and bruises, but stop acting like we sent him off to a losing war and start acting like his primary!" The youngest of the alphas exclaimed, ready to slap some sense into his hyung, refusing to see that empty shell of a wolf Jimin had been for centuries.

Taehyung's face held a small grimace as he watched the older take a few moments to process the words thrown at him. The ash grey haired male knew that emotions would run a little high with risk involved in the plan, and in their link to Yoongi being muted for precaution. Not feeling his pull was emotionally triggering to their own wolves and they could only pray it would go live again soon.

The three lost their sense of time, because an eternity later Jin was scurrying towards the back doors leading to the patio. Hastily, they followed to see Yoongi leading a chained up Kihyun into the gardens from the treeline. Jimin felt all tension leave his form as he failed to find a speck of dust on his precious little mate.

Yoongi offered a warm reassuring smile to his alphas as the beta next to him drunkenly followed the pull of the restraints. Because despite being concious again, the nifty little cocktail of herbs swimming through his veins left the pink haired man quite out of it. Happily, the omega handed his drugged friend over to the elders and was given the reassurance that they would handle the rest.

He saw Hoseok stand cautiously from the doors to the compound, eyes taking in the Kihyun of this lifetime. Curiously, a great sense of relief and self assurance crossed the older's face, perhaps knowing in his heart his wolf didnt want it's original mate.

With hands now free, Yoingi barely had time to anticipate the barreling force of Jimin's body as it attached to his. He laughed heartily as the bond started to spark and buzz to life again. Taehyung and Jeongguk quickly replacing Jimin as the older stepped back to share the reunion.

"See, I told you there was nothing to worry about." The omega voiced with confidence and cockiness that was most certainly not there before he left.

Later in the evening, Siwon came to ask Yoongi if he would follow him to the cabin they had been housing Kihyun in. Reluctantly pulling himself away from the warmth and comfort of Jeongguk's lap, the omega quietly obliged. The night sky was calm and tranquil, a stark contrast to the eventful buzz of the afternoon and Yoongi admired the fading moon that graced the heavens.

"We followed the ritual you gave us and we're pretty sure it worked, but only you can tell us for sure." Siwon explained, pointing to the charm hanging from the younger's neck. Selene had explained that she charged the stone to glow if Orpheus and his darkness was fully and truly gone from Kihyun. And if the beta was eliminated, then his best friend would be human again and- with hope that the ritual worked in its entirety- would forget all bout werewolves. Kihyun would chalk up his actions to a mild schizophrenic episode of auditory hallucinations which he had already sought counseling for.

This would be Yoongi's mercy- let him forget the poison the supernatural brought to Kihyun's life and the reason why he did what he did, but make him still understand what his actions caused for the omega. Just because Yoongi could rationalize that Orpheus used the older like a puppet does not mean he could just forgive and forget. It wouldnt bring his family back, wouldnt reverse the isolation of high school, or the thought of violent deaths whenever he saw his face. That would take time to heal and get over.

Entering the cabin was like stepping into a time capsule, it being quite clear the elders had a thing for their real time period. Tied to a chair in the center of a casted circle of candles and salt sat Kihyun, eyes closed and head lulled to the side. Cautiously, Yoongi approached the restrained figure and bent over just enough to touch the necklace to the center of Kihyun's chest.

Low-and-behold it lit up like a flashlight, and a collective sigh of relief filtered through the room. "We will put a blocking spell on his memories so there is no chance of him remembering any of this, and then have him dropped off in the nearest park with a call placed to emergency services to pick him up. He'll think he hit his head or something, had a crazy dream at most." Leetuk explained, gently removing the bondage around the pink haired man's feet.

"Thank you for all of your help. I know it would have been easier to kill him, wolf and all, but I appreciate you helping me find the closure humanely." Yoongi spoke softly, hoping it was the best way to express your gratitude.

"The innocent should not be forced to pay for the wicked's deeds, no matter how closely the two may be intertwined." Siwon responded calmly, helping his mate to get Kihyun out of chair and start heading towards the door.

"The only thing I advise of you though, is to speak with your friend sooner rather than later. No matter how ready for the conversation you may be, closure delivered swiftly will be far sweeter for you than if you should delay." Yoongi nodded solemnly at the scrap of wisdom offered to him knowing it's a bandaid his alphas will be eager to rip off and move on from.

And that night, for the first in thousands of years, the moon seemed to bring only peace and tranquility. There was no foreboding sense of dread, no more terrible nightmares and all too realistic dreams, not even a squeak of disruption. Instead, the moon and her goddesses blessed the inky sky with millions of twinkling stars and casted a moonlight that broke through the open curtains of Yoongi's and his mates' room. It caressed his features like a loving hand and illuminated life within his sleeping form.

It whispered "thank you" in a way only a goddess could manage.

Yoongi slept soundly amongst his mates that night no longer afraid of the mysteries and surprises the future had in store for them. His only hurdle no longer existed and gave him the upmost confidence to say...

What you dont know wont hurt you, not anymore.

**************the end**************

A/N: Holy Crap! I actually finished a main storyline for the first time in my life! I know it was kind of a rushed ending, but I've honestly always been terrible with conclusions ask any of my professors 😅. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your love and support over the last year as I have slowly but surely cranked out this piece.

The next update will be the epilogue followed by a "brief" closing author's note and possible Q&A if you guys have anything you still wanted to know whether it's about me, the writing process, or unanswered questions you had as the book went on.

Until then I hope your 2020 is off to a beautiful start!