Chapter 49

A/N: So I guess the Q&A thing was kind of a flop since no one left any questions... ANYWAYS I'm back with a super duper long update because life has been crazy and you guys deserve a reward for waiting on me.

This is almost 11,000 words so do with that information what you wish.

TW: Angst, smut, and I think that's it.

I apologize for any errors, the length, and the changing POV. I wrote the smut scene back in January so you'll see the difference in writing styles...

Enjoy!

3rd PPOV limbo:

No one paid much attention to Seokjin's comment, the omega was known to be a mild pessimist when it came to that beta. He could never exactly say why, but something about Kihyun's usually guarded persona often raised an underlying red flag with him. However, Yoongi and the others told him not to be such a worrywart, so he let it go.

But when Hoseok and Kihyun were gone for over an hour, and the alpha returned in a sour mood, Jin could only worry. Hoseok wouldnt tell anyone what was discussed between the pair, and he certainly did not interact with the beta after it all transpired. So what happened on their walk? Only those two would know, and soon it was swept under the metaphorical rug as the pack's attention went towards finishing the final touches for Namjoon and Jin's mating ceremony.

That, and of course Yoongi was constantly being courted by his three alphas. Needless to say, by the time Namjoon had officially claimed his omega, no one even seemed to remember the interaction that day. And for the longest time after, essentially up until a few months before Yoongi's eighteenth birthday, everything seemed completely normal.

Until Hoseok fell extremely ill.

Yoongi was a wreck, always hovering over his hyung, getting him water and food when he needed it, tending to him as dutifully as he could manage. The elders were called in to examine the alpha and determine a cause, in case the pack needed to fear an epidemic. Afterwards they reassured Jungmin that no one else was going to catch what Hoseok was suffering from, but could not disclose the ailment upon the alpha's wishes. And soon, Hoseok wouldnt let anyone except the elders into his room.

It was like that for almost three weeks, and for a few awful seconds they feared the worst. But Hoseok pulled through, and never wished to speak of it again. Yoongi didnt like that his hyung was becoming so secretive, and he certainly didnt like the look of pity and perhaps... jealousy that Hoseok sometimes threw him. It never lasted long, just enough for the omega to know the alpha was displeased with something regarding him. But when he approached the topic, Hoseok never confessed to anything, so it went unresolved.

The month before Yoongi's birthday would be the day the omega officially declared whether or not he would accept the mating of his alphas. A feast was to be prepared in honor of the announcement, and while everyone assumed the answer that would come, they had to have this dinner before the rituals could take place.

About a week before the feast, Kihyun asked Yoongi to meet him near the river after a late lunch. Seeing nothing unusual with the request, the younger followed contently after his best friend. When they arrived near the coursing water, the beta paused, awkward silence filling the air.

"So-"

"You cant mate them!"

A thick tension slapped itself over the situation, Yoongi staring wide eyed and mouth agape at the older brunette in front of him. Did he just hear correctly?

"Excuse me?" The omega questioned, voice carefully calm and level. Kihyun let out an exasperated sigh.

"I dont want you to mate with Jimin, Taehyung, and Jeongguk." The beta answered, quieter this time, but determined in his tone. Yoongi eyed him carefully before breaking out into a fit of giggles.