90.New Year's Eve,part one.

Start from the beginning

"That's nice love."i said as i pushed some of his curls away from his face.He then had a small frown on his face and i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What's wrong..?"asked Harry curiously,placing his hands delicately on my thigh and the rings instantly giving me goosebumps.

"I can't stop thinking about my dad..i don't even know why i'm feeling this way.I just spoke to Gemma about the whole situation and she told me to give my dad a chance as well."i ranted out and he maintained eye contact with me as he listened to me speak.

"Well,mom and Gems only want the best for you and i know how much you've been thinking about your dad recently...so maybe you should take this step.We took some time to figure things out and now look where we are.I'm just saying that maybe things will change for you and your dad this time..for the better."mentioned Harry as he softly grazed my inner thigh to calm me down.

I'm so glad that i had such a great support system in my life,i'm beyond lucky.

"Y-yeah,i guess i'll go."i said to him and he nodded his head,taking my hand in his and kissing the back of it softly.
"I'll see you for the New Year's Eve dinner tonight yeah love?"Mentioned Harry,"For sure."i replied with a smile and he smiled back.

Here i am..standing on the front porch of my dad's very own house.

My heart feels like it's about to fail on me,this feels like such a fever dream.The last time i saw my dad was when i caught him at my apartment with mom and well..you know how that went.Hateful words were thrown everywhere and the energy wasn't good,i'm hoping that maybe this time,things will be different.I decided not to bring Alex because who knows what will happen.

I nervously walked up to the front door and knocked on it three times to be exact as i patiently waited for my dad to answer the door.

What if this is a bad idea?What if he doesn't want to see Alex..?o-or what if he threatens me again?

Just as i was about to turn back around,i heard the sound of a lock being unlocked and i just froze in my spot.After what felt like forever,the door was finally opened and then revealed my dad.He looked much older compared to when i last saw him,his hair was completely grey now,his forehead and the sides of his face were more wrinkly and he had even lost a little weight.His eyes immediately widen in shock when we made eye contact.
"Katie.."whispered my dad as his face soften.

It's been too long,should i even be here?

"Hey Da-sorry i mean John."i apologised to him and his face dropped the moment he heard me call him by his name instead of dad.

It's not my fault,i really can't call him dad because it's been way too long.I haven't had a fatherly figure in my life for years so imagine how i must've felt at this moment.

"Um..come in,please make yourself feel comfortable."said my dad as he opened the door wider for me to walk in and i did.I was surprised to see him living in a more subtle home.I always figured that he would prefer the city and the noise but oh well,there's something new i learnt about my dad.

I walked into the living room and analysed the items and pictures that were decorated onto the walls and shelfs,this was all so new to me.I noticed that he even has a picture of him and i when i was still a kid.
"So i guess you got my text huh..?"asked my dad awkwardly and i nodded my head,giving him a soft smile.

"A part of me was dreading to even face you because of what happened the other time we bumped into each other."i answered him honestly and he looked hurt.

"Katie,i want to apolo-"he apologised but i cut him off ,"It's been forgotten and i accept your apology.Yes it hurt knowing that you threatened me and talked about my boyfriend that way but that's in the past."i told him and he sighed out.