72. Checking out & First Nights.

Katie:

"You've got the private info of your baby all written down sir?" asked the nurse from the counter.

"Uh yeah-here you go." answered Harry,passing her the files from his backpack with a polite smile.

Today was the day where we could finally head back home to Westminster.I've stayed in the hospital for 4 days because i figured it would be safer and less risky to bring the baby out too early.We don't want our baby to be seen by the public eye because then growing up would be extremely difficult for him.

Harry has been incredibly supportive these past few days,he has been staying up extremely late for three days in a row to watch Alexander while i finally get to have some proper rest.He also had to book a last minute flight yesterday just for us to head back to Westminster so we can actually settle down with everything.

"Alright just sign here Miss Katie and then for you Mr Styles..you can sign right here." instructed the nurse and we nodded our heads,doing what she had told us to do.

"You ready to go love?" asked Harry with a small smile and i nodded my head at him,smiling back at him as we walked out of the hospital.

I was currently holding a baby carrier that Alexa had given to Harry and I as a congratulations gift and it was really sweet of her to do so.Harry's friends have been so supportive as well,even Kendall sent us a bouquet of flowers.It was so heartwarming to see Harry so happy knowing that his friends came to see the baby and he had never looked so proud.

Speaking of being excited..Anne and Gemma's reactions were the cutest,Harry wanted to at least share a picture of our baby with them but they refused to see it through a picture so they're just gonna wait till we arrive at home.

After a 45 minute ride from the hospital to airport, we were now finally resting on the plane.Harry and i had not spoken to each other as much since i've given birth because there were just lots of people coming to visit so we never had the chance to really just spend time together.

I looked up from my book and watched Harry rock our baby back and forth in a steady pace as he whispered some words into his ears which i couldn't really hear but knowing Harry,everything he was whispering right now would only be lovely.

I could already tell that he was dead tired from taking care of Alexander and sorting out the hospital files.His under eyes were getting way more darker, he had even lost a little weight as well because all he ever did was take care of Alex and i,he really needs to rest.

"Harry?" I called him and he looked up at me.

"You can pass Alex to me,you really need to rest babe." i said to him and he bit his lip nervously as he looked down at Alex and then back up at me.

"Babe..you're probably very tired,it's okay i got this." answered Harry and i chuckled at how protective he was over Alex.

"Harry." I said once more and he looked at me, sighing out and then he slowly got up and placed Alex into my arms.He took a seat next to me and wrapped the woollen blanket over his body before he leaned his head against my shoulder,letting out a long yawn as he made himself comfortable.

I looked at Alex and just smiled.
It's still so surreal knowing that i actually gave birth to a human that's so perfect.

"How are you love?" asked Harry and i smiled at his randomness.

The fact that he was bloody exhausted and he still made sure to pay attention to me.I don't deserve this human as well.

"I'm feeling much better,still a little sore but it's all worth it." i answered him as i placed a sweet kiss on Alex's forehead.

"You know the other day when you were sleeping ?"said Harry and i hummed in response.

"I was trying to get Alex to sleep but he just wouldn't fall asleep so you know what i did?" he questioned.
"What did you do?" I asked him back.

"I sang sweet creature to him and towards the end i didn't know why but i just started crying like a baby.But i didn't cry because i was upset or anything,i cried feeling this overwhelming type of happiness.Before i went for therapy,i despised my life so much and i always thought of escaping from here or just everything in general. But when i sang that song to Alex and just really looked at him..i wanted to just go outside and shout to the whole of New York City that i love my life and that everything was going to be okay."explained Harry and i looked down to face him.

did he really just say that?

"You're the best father.And i just wanted to tell you this because you deserve to hear it,you've been there for me throughout my whole pregnancy and yes even though there were moments where we both extremely busy..you always made sure to try your best to come home every night just to take care of me and that says a lot.You are amazing Harry,Alex and i are so lucky."I said to him truthfully and he then faced me.

His eye bags were really noticeable at this point,his skin were starting to gain little blemishes around but right here in this very moment,as he gave his infamous sleepy smile...he looked perfect.

Today was just one of the days where i really just sat back and admired the man beside me, if only he knew.He had the most kindest heart and i will never understand how there were people that were once in his life whom have used him or hurt him.He's so mentally strong and i will never understand how he does it, sure there was therapy but if you really think about it.. it's just him alone against the public eye.Every single day,he was completely aware that there are literal strangers who trash talk about him or even send him threats but he chooses to ignore them.

Deep down, i am terrified.

I never want this feeling to end.I've seen so many people and even friends of mine who had fallen out of love after having a kid or years after marriage and it sucks.The more i spent time with Harry each day, i fall into the deepest love and it only gets stronger but then i can't help but think about the future.What happens when he starts working on his new album soon? will he be at home often or would we even have family time? What happens when he has to start planning for tour? would i not be able to see him for months? because i won't be working with him once we're home. It's all so scary to think about but i guess it's normal to think about it.

"I love you." he whispered with his eyes closed.

"Till the end.."i whispered softly,already thinking he had drifted off to sleep and had not heard what i had just said but then i felt his body shift closer to me.

"Till the end."