Chapter 25 / Final Chapter

Zhan and Yibo have already been married for three months and could hardly be happier. Not only were they not separated from each other for a day, but Zhan and YueYue officially moved in with Yibo and called this their home. YueYue attends a new school and made new friends on the very first day. Furthermore Zhan is working for or rather with Yibo again. After his Korean boss had let him go with a heavy heart. But in return he got a new assistant, Yu Bin, and shortly after he was enthusiastic about him.

It was Wednesday, and Zhan went home early that day. YueYue also came home early from school. Together with his daughter, Zhan prepared something for Yibo. It was Yibo's birthday and they had a very special surprise for him. They decorated the living room together with Yibo's and Hai Kuan's parents. On a banner just above the door it said, "Congratulations, it's a girl." Balloons and a big cake should not be missing of course.

Yibo came home two hours later and was more than surprised when he entered the house. He had been a bit annoyed before because Zhan had left early on his birthday, of all days, and especially without him. Yibo entered the living area where Zhan, YueYue, his parents and his brother were already waiting for him. "A surprise party? If so, you bought the wrong banner." Said Yibo and kissed Zhan. Zhan and YueYue took a big envelope from the table and handed it to Yibo together.

Yibo opened the envelope and looked closely at the letter that was stuck in the envelope. Tears ran down his cheeks. "If you sign this, you are officially my dad." Explained YueYue. "Our gift to you is this adoption document, which officially makes you YueYue's dad with all rights If you want it." Explained Zhan. Yibo took the two in his arms, kissed each of them on the cheek and picked his pen out of his pocket and immediately signed the adoption papers.

Then YueYue handed him a silver necklace with a simple silver pendant. But also this one had the words, "I love you Dad, YueYue" engraved on it. Zhan put the necklace on him. And then there was another surprise. Zhan called a woman named Jenna to the living room. The young and highly pregnant woman approached Zhan and Yibo and Zhan hugged her. "This is my sweetheart Jenna, she is my cousin and as you can easily see she is about to give birth to her child. She already has two children and only realized too late that she is pregnant with a third child.

She approached me with a question..." Zhan interrupted briefly when he saw Yibo's hands trembling, took Yibo in his arms and then continued talking. "She asked me to adopt her baby boy." Said Zhan, and Yibo pressed Zhan so hard that he could hardly breathe. Zhan held the crying Yibo in his arms and could hardly understand what he was saying. "I love you, I love you so much, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I would love to raise the baby with you. Let's do it." He said, sobbing.

Zhan nodded to his cousin and she smiled. Yibo broke away from Zhan and took Jenna in his arms. "Thank you so much." He told her and she beamed. "Thank you, because I know you'll make good fathers for this little guy." She replied. Yibo embraced his parents and his brother, who were also disintegrated, so happy they were. "A Zhan, I think we should go now." Jenna said, pointing to her stomach. Zhan smiled and nodded. "But first we sign." He said.

His cousin handed him and Yibo a brown envelope, they pulled out the papers and all three signed the adoption papers. Which Zhan and his cousin, in wise foresight, had done a month ago. "So where are you going now?" Asked Yibo when Zhan and Jenna were getting dressed. "To the clinic. You're about to become a father for the second time." Zhan explained it to him and Yibo stared at him stunned. "But we haven't prepared anything yet." Yibo said.

"Hai Kuan, can you please take Jenna outside to the car?" Asked Zhan and then grabbed Yibo and ran with him up the stairs to a room that used to be Hai Kuan's nursery. Zhan opened the door and Yibo was amazed at the fully furnished baby room. "Your parents did almost everything themselves." Said Zhan cheerfully. "Oh, and YueYue painted the walls." Explained Zhan. Yibo was speechless, and incredibly happy. "What name shall we give him?" Asked Yibo after he had found his language again.

"Well, his mother's wish is to call him A Yuan." Said Zhan, while they were both on their way to the car. "What's in your bag?" Asked Yibo, who had only now noticed that Zhan was carrying a black bag. "It has clothes and diapers for the little one." Zhan replied and got into the car. "We'll take the papers to our lawyer." Explained Yibo's mother, who held both envelopes in her hand and pointed at the passenger window in front of Yibo.

At exactly 11 pm little A Yuan was born and made Yibo's birthday one of the most unforgettable days ever. On this day is not only Yibo's birthday, he had a teenage daughter and became father of little A Yuan for a second time. Jenna's husband who was also there and held his wife's hand while she gave birth to the little boy, came outside with the little one to Zhan and Yibo and put the Baby to Yibo in his arm. "This is your son. And thank you from me for giving him a home." He said.

"He's 51 centimeters tall and weighs 3,060 pounds and you can take him home tomorrow because the pediatrician says he's healthy and alert." Explained Jenna's husband. Zhan asked Yibo to go home, but Yibo shook his head. "I want to stay here until we can take him." He said, smiling at the little guy in his arms. 

The next morning the little one was examined again, got a vaccination and screamed like a banshee, and Dad Yibo suffered with the little boy. Zhan watched them and took pictures of them. After the pediatrician gave her OK, they could take little A Yuan with them. At home, the family was already waiting for them. YueYue, who is now a big and very proud sister, took the little guy in her arms and showered his face with kisses. The new grandparents howled in a race as they held the little one in their arms and Hai Kuan, tried to run away with the A Yuan. "He's so cute, I want to have him." He said, pretending to run.

And two years later, Zhan and Yibo adopted another child A little Korean girl, age 4. Zhan and Yibo were still happy and not for a moment did Zhan ever regret marrying Yibo. Yibo was not only a loving and attentive husband, he was also a devoted and loving father to their, well, three children. And for Yibo, Zhan was the man of his life, with him by his side, he felt like the happiest man in the world. And with him, he could not only fulfill his dream of true love, but also of having his own family.

Zhan and Yibo took their second chance and could not be happier. At the age of 20, YueYue married her Korean boyfriend, she and her husband are studying medicine and want to become pediatricians.

The end!