Chapter 19

When Zhan regained consciousness, he found himself in hospital. He raised his arm to see his wound. "They stitched it up." Someone said to him in Chinese. Zhan turned his head in the direction from which they were speaking and looked with big eyes at the person sitting there. It was Hai Kuan. "You've lost a lot of blood, that's why you fainted." Explained Hai Kuan to him. "Ah I have to go home, YueYue will worry and when she sees the blood, she will go crazy." Said Zhan and tried to get up. But Hai Kuan calmed him down. "I called her from your phone, she knows and will stay at Grandma's tonight. At least that's what she said." Hai Kuan replied. Zhan nodded. "Thank you." He said, barely.

"I wanted to call your husband too, but I don't know his name. So I couldn't call him." Said Hai Kuan. Zhan stared at him questioningly. "My husband?" He asked. Hai Kuan nodded. "Yes, he was with you in Beijing, at that unpleasant reunion with my little brother." Hai Kuan replied. "Ah, Hae Jin? This is not my husband. He only said that because he felt he had to protect me. He's my boss' nephew." Explained Zhan and Hai Kuan looked at him with eyes wide open. "You mean you're not married?" He asked about security. Zhan shook his head. "Why are you even here?" Zhan wanted to know about him. "Oh, I went to your company to get your address because I wanted to apologize on behalf of Yibo. He regrets the way the conversation went and is very sorry." He said to Zhan.

"Present, just forget about it. But thanks for saving me." Said Zhan dryly. Hai Kuan apologized briefly to Zhan to make a phone call and Zhan wondered why Hai Kuan came to him just for that? Why would he apologize for Yibo? Yibo was not wrong that the beating was not necessary, Zhan understood even without this, but he did not blame him. Hai Kuan came back and smiled. "I had a business appointment here and thought I could use the time to apologize for Yibo," he continued as he sat down again. "It's okay. I'm not angry with him. Did the nurses say when I could go home? And where are you staying?" Asked Zhan. "Sorry, I don't understand Korean, so I can't tell you. And actually I wanted to stay in a hotel, but there's probably a fair next week and the rooms are already fully booked." Explained Hai Kuan.

"Yes, it's a big mass. Well, I have a guest room, you're welcome to it." Had offered Zhan and was accepted by Hai Kuan with a smiling nod. A sister came to Zhan and told him that he could leave if he felt well enough. Zhan told her that he would then leave immediately because he had already recovered and just wanted to go home. Hai Kuan smiled the whole time. "You speak Korean really well." Said Hai Kuan. "I had already learned it in my school days. Somehow it had appealed to me and, as you can see, had not been in vain. The nurse said I could go, so we should get going." Zhan replied and stood up. Zhan put his stamp on a document and Hai Kuan looked at him questioningly. "Oh yeah, they like to use stamps for signatures in Korea, my boss gave me mine." He explained and took a prescription.

Hai Kuan helped Zhan clean and looked at him thoughtfully. "Um Zhan? There's a problem." He finally said. Zhan asked him which one it was and Hai Kuan was obviously uncomfortable. "Yibo is on his way to Seoul. And since I couldn't get a hotel room, I don't know where to put him." He said to Zhan. "Well, then he has to come here and you have to share the bed. I mean, it's big enough for two people and you're brothers, so that shouldn't be the problem, right?" Asked Zhan. "Well, sure we can share a bed. The thing is, I'm leaving tomorrow and Yibo is coming tomorrow and staying for over a week. Do you think you can handle him alone for that long?" He asked Zhan. Zhan didn't know if he could handle it, but he didn't want to let on and agreed. "That shouldn't be a problem." He said.

Zhan called his boss' wife the next morning and asked her if YueYue could stay with her longer. Because just in case there was a fight, he wanted to keep his daughter out of it. She agreed immediately and his boss called him shortly after and told him to come back when Yibo left. Hai Kuan left shortly after ten in the morning. Zhan was now alone again, waiting for Yibo. He was very nervous and walked up and down the apartment. "I hope there will be no quarrel. Hopefully we can get the days around without stress." he murmured to himself and checked the guest room again. When the doorbell rang around noon, Zhan had to force himself to calm down. He opened the door and let Yibo in.

It was a cool greeting and they avoided looking at each other. Zhan, however, did not miss the look from Yibo, at Zhan's wrist. He put some food on the table for Yibo and then went to his bedroom. The pills he had to take and all the excitement had made him very tired. Before that he told Yibo which was the guest room and where the bathroom was. He went to his bed, sat down and took off his stumps and then lay down. He had fallen asleep almost immediately. Two hours later he woke up and found Yibo in the living room. He held the picture with the now missing glass in his hand. Zhan sat across from him and looked at him confused. Yibo said nothing, he just held the picture and looked at it. The picture that he and Zhan were in, holding both hands.

"It fell down and broke the glass. " Said Zhan a little uncomfortable. Yibo probably hadn't noticed him before because he jumped up when Zhan spoke to him. "That was my picture Zhan. You took it away from me. My memory." He finally said. Zhan hoped that they wouldn't have to fight about it now. He crouched down next to the box that was still in the living room next to the table and picked out the other picture that had him, Yibo and YueYue in it. He handed the picture to Yibo who accepted it without hesitation. "She was so little then." Said Zhan with a smile and pointed to his daughter. "I wish I could have seen her grow up." Yibo said. For Zhan, it felt like a stab to the heart.

Zhan went to the closet and took out a photo album and gave it to Yibo. Yibo turned the pages, page after page, and sometimes he even smiled. "Why is there no picture of your husband?" He asked Zhan. Zhan looked into his eyes and shook his head. "I've already told your brother. Hae Jin is not my husband, he is my boss' nephew and thought he had to help me. He only said that because he thought he could help me with this." Explained Zhan calmly and Yibo looked at him with big eyes. "So you are not married?" He wanted to know. Zhan shook his head. "No boyfriend and no girlfriend. Alone for 8 years. If that's what you want to know." Said Zhan, who was sitting next to Yibo when he looked at the photo album.

" Said Zhan, who was sitting next to Yibo when he looked at the photo album