Chapter 17

The next morning Zhan gathered all his courage and was about to leave for Wang Company when YueYue begged him to go with him. He didn't want her there and tried to make her understand. He told her that it had to be a private conversation and that she should wait in the hotel. But she remained stubborn and accompanied him. When they both arrived at the Wang Company they went to the registration desk and there they were told that he needed an appointment to talk to the CEO. "Please be so kind and to call him and tell him Xiao Zhan is here." He said to the unfriendly lady, gritting their teeth, took the phone and called their CEO. "Hello Mr. Wang, May from reception here. A Xiao Zhan is here with a young lady and would like to speak to you. What? Yes! Yes of course, right away!" She said, bowing to Zhan. "Excuse me, Mr. Wang is waiting for you" She said and let Zhan and his daughter through.

They went up in the elevator, the elevator doors opened and there he was. Wang Yibo, with red and wet eyes. And before Zhan could say anything, he found himself in the arms of Yibo. Yibo pressed Zhan tightly against him and sobbed. Zhan was completely overwhelmed and just stood there. Hai Kuan who also just passed the elevator, greeted Zhan. "Thanks for coming here." He said to Zhan and looked at YueYue, who looked worriedly at her father. "Appa gwaenchanh-a? (Daddy is all right?)" She asked him and Hai Kuan took her by the hand and told her to accompany him for a moment, she didn't have to worry. Zhan and Yibo stood like this for quite a while until Yibo took him by the hand and brought him to his office. Zhan was amazed that his old desk was still there, and exactly as he had left it.

 Zhan was amazed that his old desk was still there, and exactly as he had left it

"Yibo me..." Zhan started but Yibo interrupted him immediately. "Why did you leave me ZhanZhan? You promised never to leave me! Why did you do that?" Yibo wanted to know. Zhan looked at him stunned. "What do you mean why? You know why!" Zhan replied angrily. Yibo shook his head. "I don't know ZhanZhan. I've been looking for you for years! You just left without a word! No one told me where you are! Damn it, I've been looking for you for five years!" Said Yibo and Zhan was speechless. Had he told the truth and really spent five years looking for him? Why? Why would he look for him? Not only did he want to get rid of him, they'd only been together a few days anyway. So what was that about? "ZhanZhan say something. Why did you leave me when you swore you wouldn't?" Yibo wanted to know.

Zhan thought about where to start for a moment. He told him about the hut and how the steward threw him out in the evening, in the dark and in the cold, he told him about his long walk to the next town, his many days waiting for Yibo and the many attempts to reach him. About the job offer he received from Korea because his boss recommended him and his decision to accept the offer after he had to accept, Yibo wanted to get rid of him. "When I was at the airport, I tried to reach you again just before take-off and for the first time in days there was a dial tone but you didn't answer the phone. So what was I supposed to think?" Zhan asked him at the end when he had finished his explanation. Yibo went up to Zhan who had sat down on the desk and took Zhan in his arms.

"At that time I couldn't come back to the cabin, I had a high fever and was taken to hospital. I had an appendicitis and had to be operated. In the taxi that took me to the hospital, I lost my cell phone and I didn't know your phone number by heart. I asked my family to let you know as soon as they saw you. When I was released from the hospital I went home and wanted to explain everything to you but you and your things were not there. Then I went to your apartment, but you weren't there either. The next day I drove to the company and found your resignation, the next day the taxi driver came to the company and gave me back my mobile phone, I immediately plugged it into the charger cable and turned it on.

"I wanted to call you immediately, but then my mother came into the office and made a fuss, she yelled at me why I was going back to work and wanted to know why you quit. When she was out of the office I saw that you tried to call but when I tried to call back your phone was off and after that I could never reach you again. I never talked to anyone in Korea and recommended you, I don't speak Korean and no matter how I was with you, I didn't want you to leave. I asked everyone I could think of, visited everyone, asked everyone where you were, but no one told me anything. 5 years I looked for you, called company after company, but you never showed up anywhere, ZhanZhan. You were just gone." Explained Yibo.

"If you didn't call my boss, who did? And besides, your ex told me back then it was your way of dealing with your partner. You make an effort first, and once you get what you want, you only call when you feel like it." Zhan replied. Yibo sparkled evil at him. "You believed my ex?" He asked and clenched his fists. "At that moment, yes, because what else could I think?" Asked Zhan. Yibo punched Zhan in the chest. "Ow, what the fuck are you doing?" Asked Zhan and rubbed his aching chest. "That's exactly how I felt when you were suddenly gone. How can you believe my ex? I told you I want you with me always, I told you I want you to move in with me, I told you I love you and you left me without a word and now you tell me you believed my ex boyfriend?" He asked angrily and pushed Zhan against his chest again.

"Ouch, stop it Yibo." Growled Zhan. "You deserve it Zhan, you deserve it! You broke my heart. I loved you more than anything and I just wanted to be with you and you left me! You just walked away and you didn't even tell me why! Sure, we were only together for a few days but I still loved you more than anything. After months we had finally found out that my ex was playing us badly and I confessed that I wanted you from the beginning, finally we were together, finally I had you in my arms and then you left me! Why didn't you think about it? My ex is Korean, you know? And I assume he's the ominous CEO who recommended you! Well, it wasn't me! I wasn't going to let you go, I was happy!" Hissed Yibo and pushed Zhan's fist against his chest again.

 After months we had finally found out that my ex was playing us badly and I confessed that I wanted you from the beginning, finally we were together, finally I had you in my arms and then you left me! Why didn't you think about it? My ex is Korea...