Chapter 22

Zhan stared at YueYue and was surprised at his daughter's temperament, but he was also proud and a little surprised that she knew his taste in men. "Yes, yes. Never mind. You should stay out of adult conversation." Said Yibo's ex. "Don't you dare talk to my daughter like that!" Hissed Yibo and his ex stared at him with big eyes. "Your daughter?" He asked. Zhan smiled from ear to ear. "That's right, you heard it. My daughter is Yibo's daughter too." Zhan said.

Yibo let go of his ex and hugged Zhan with joy. "I love you ZhanZhan." Said Yibo and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I don't know what's going on in that sick mind of yours. But you never would have been able to get me around, not in a million years. Even though I didn't notice it before, because of all the stress between Yibo and me, which you were responsible for, I only ever saw Yibo. From the beginning I only had eyes for him!" Said Zhan and Yibo pressed Zhan firmly to himself. "Oh fuck you all." Crowed Yibo's ex. Suddenly, YueYue's boyfriend pushed the three of them aside, did a jump and kicked Yibo's ex right in the face.

"You are an obnoxious and repulsive person and deserve much more than this kick. Nobody tells my girlfriend and her dads to go fuck themselves!" He hissed and took YueYue by the hand and went outside with her. Zhan and Yibo looked at each other with big eyes, laughed and followed them. Yibo put his arm around Zhan's hip and giggled. "We seem to be getting a good son-in-law." He said and stopped for a moment to kiss Zhan. "Let's go home, honey." Said Yibo and pulled Zhan by the hand behind him to the car.

When they arrived at Yibo's house, YueYue jumped out of the car and stared at the huge property. "Damn, you're not rich, you're fucking rich." She said loudly and then put her hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry, that just slipped out." She said, looking to the side to avoid Zhan's gaze. They entered the house and YueYue couldn't get out of his amazement. Whether it was the employees who greeted her with a bow, the large bright rooms, the modern furnishings or the art objects. She simply marveled at everything.

"Well, I'll show you where you will sleep." Said Yibo and smiled embarrassed. They went up the stairs and walked along the passage to the right. All the way to a door. Yibo opened the door and a modern youth room for girls was inside. "This is for YueYue." Yibo said. "Wow, this looks like it was made especially for me." She said in amazement. "This is it." Yibo replied shyly. Zhan looked at him questioningly and Yibo put his head on his shoulder. "I told you I was looking for you. I never gave up hope." he whispered to Zhan.

Zhan hugged Yibo and kissed him on the forehead. "There's a guest room right next door where you can sleep." Said Yibo to YueYue's friend. "And at the end of the other corridor is the bedroom." Explained Yibo. YueYue stormed into her room and inspected everything, she pulled out drawers on cupboards and the desk, opened the doors of both wardrobes, found the door to her own bathroom, tested the mattress by sitting on it, then lying on it and finally jumping on it. She ran to Yibo, hugged him tightly and thanked him.

"I love this room. Ah, Daddy, can we please stay here?" She asked Zhan. Zhan looked at her uncomprehendingly. "What about school? Your friends? And your boyfriend? What about my work?" He asked and YueYue put her head crooked. "Aren't there any schools here? You think I won't make new friends? My friend can come visit me. And you'll find another job soon, won't you, Yibo?" She replied, folding her arms across her chest. "Are you serious?" Zhan asked her in shock. YueYue nodded. Yibo hugged her.

"If that weird guy hadn't split you up, we would have lived here for years, do you realize that, or Daddy? Of course I love Seoul and I love being there, I have my friends there and all, but let's be honest. I want to live with you and Yibo. And I'm not saying this because he's rich, but I want to live here with you and Yibo. As a family, like it should've been eight years ago." Said YueYue defiantly and still in the arms of Yibo. Zhan saw Yibo struggling with his emotions and YueYue also looked like she was about to cry. Her lips trembled and her eyes became moist.

"Daddy, don't blame reasons why we shouldn't live here with Yibo. Sure he could move to Seoul, but he doesn't fit in Seoul, he's not like you and me, he doesn't even speak the language. You better find reasons why we should stay here and start by loving Yibo." Said YueYue in tears. With her words, she had also made Yibo cry and both were in each other's arms. Zhan felt surprised by his own daughter and overwhelmed by his own thoughts. Or maybe it was just his fears? Was he afraid that something might go wrong after all?

Zhan took them both in his arms. "We'll talk about it again on Sunday at breakfast, very calmly, OK?" He asked them both. Both nodded in agreement. After YueYue had regained her composure, she went to her room with her boyfriend and unpacked her suitcase. As a young girl slowly maturing into a woman, she had clothes with her for a weekend that would last for a week. Proudly she packed everything into her wardrobe, put her cosmetic items into the bathroom and sat down at the laptop at her desk.

Then she saw the picture that showed her, her daddy and Yibo, which they made when she met Yibo for the first time. She smiled and took it in her hand. "I will not let the three of us be separated again!" She said and put the picture back. She turned to her boyfriend and smiled. "It's about time my daddy finally got happy and stayed happy." She said to him. Her friend nodded. Meanwhile, Zhan also unpacked his things from his suitcase and moved them into the bedroom closet, with Yibo clutching him from behind all the time.