Sasuke's eyes trailed from one Team Kakashi member to another before landing on Sai, who's hand reached for the sword on his back.

My eyes flickered to Sai as he unsheathed his sword and pointed it at Sasuke.

Sasuke looked down at us boredly. 'So he's my replacement? Another loser joins the ranks. He said something about wanting to protect my "bond" with Naruto.'

My eyes darted over to Sai in shock. 'Sai, but your mission -'

'Yes, My secret mission was to assassinate Sasuke-kun.' He said, his eyes not once leaving Sasuke. 'But I don't care about my orders anymore. I want to act on my own free will. And I think Naruto-kun can help me remember how it was like to feel.' He regarded Sasuke. 'I don't know much about you, but there must be a reason why Naruto-kun, Sakura-san and Makoto-san came all this way just for you! They're going all out to keep their bonds with you from being severed. I still don't understand it myself, but Sasuke-kun, you should!'

'Oh, I do.' said Sasuke, closing his eyes slowly.

I moistened my lips nervously, wondering what he was going to say next.

Sasuke's eyes snapped open, revealing eyes filled with hate. 'That's why I severed them!'

Naruto, Sakura and I stared at Sasuke, disbelievingly.

'I have a different "bond",' Sasuke continued. 'A bond of hatred with my brother.'

I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth as I narrowed my eyes at him.

'Other bonds merely confuse you and distract you ...' said Sasuke, his eyes flickering over to me. ' - from your greatest desires, and the emotions that matter.'

'Rubbish!' I yelled angrily, my eyes filling with tears. 'You don't mean that -'

'I do.' he said, his eyes staring at me blankly.

I clenched my fists painfully, feeling my nails dig into my palms. Did I really mean nothing to him? What about team seven? He couldn't possibly mean that!

I saw him shift slightly before jumping down and in a blink of an eye, he was standing right in front of Naruto, an arm around his shoulder.

'Come to think of it,' Sasuke spoke into Naruto's ear. 'Wasn't your dream to become Hokage? Instead of coming after me, you should've been training, right Naruto?'

'Someone who can't save even one friend isn't fit to become Hokage.' said Naruto, looking straight ahead, his eyebrows furrowed. 'Right, Sasuke?'

'This time,' said Sasuke, slowly unsheathing his sword. 'I'll kill you on a whim.'

I held my breath as Sasuke fully unsheathed his sword. My feet wouldn't move. It was as thought I no longer had any control over my own body and all I could do was stand and stare. Sasuke swung his sword and I let out loud gasp. 'Naruto!'

With a flash of black and a shade of colour much lighter than beige, Sai appeared behind Naruto. One hand wrapped around his own sword and the other wrapped around Sasuke's sword hand.

I stared at the three boys, wide-eyed and trembling.

'That was the correct way to block my attack.' said Sasuke, before grabbing hold of both Naruto and Sai.

Yamato pointed his palm at Sasuke, a long thick branch shooting out.

Sasuke's entire body had electricity flowing around visibly and the familiar sound of several birds chirping sounded. 'Chidori Nagashi!'

He sent both Naruto and Sai flying back as the lightning element shocked their entire bodies while the lightning cut through Yamato's wood element.

Hello, Heartache ~Uchiha Sasuke Love story~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें