Chapter 19: Scrolls Will Be The Death Of Us

'Wait.' said Sasuke, taking out something from his weapon pouch - the scroll.

My eyes widened. Surely he isn't going to -?

He is. 'I'll give you the scroll,' he said, holding it up. 'Please, take this and leave us in peace.'

'Sasuke, what are you doing?' I hissed in his ear, slapping his hand which held the scroll.

He glared at me. 'This guy's way above our level! We won't stand a chance. We can get another scroll -'

'Hey, Sasuke! What are you doing?' Naruto demanded. 'What are you trying to do by giving the enemy our scroll?'

'You, shut up!' Sasuke snapped, before tossing our scroll to the Grass ninja. 'Take it.'

I watched the scroll as it nearly landed in front of the Grass ninja but with a flash of bright orange, the scroll was gone.

I gasped as Naruto landed next to me, the scroll in his hands.

'Bastard ... Don't butt in!' Sasuke yelled angrily. 'Do you understand the situation you're in?'

Naruto got up slowly raising his fist. My eyes widened as I stood in between the two boys, trembling.

His hand shot forward, missing my face by an inch before it made contact with the side of Sasuke's face, sending him flying off before he managed to land on another tree.

'Naruto!' I gasped, grabbing his arm. 'Why did you do that?'

He was breathing deeply, head down and fists clenched tightly. 'I forgot the password so I can't make sure of this, but you're a fake Sasuke, aren't you?'

'Naruto ...' Sakura spoke up, eyes nearly bulging out of her head. 'What are you saying?'

'You idiot ...' Sasuke snarled. 'I am the real one!'

'He is, Naruto.' I said softly, putting a hand lightly onto the blonde's shoulder.

'No ... The idiot and coward I see in front of me right now can't be the Sasuke I know.' He growled. 'I don't know how strong that guy is but there is no guarantee that he'll let us go even if we hand over our scroll!'

The Grass ninja chuckled menacingly. 'Naruto-kun ... You're right.'

He stuck out his tongue and whipped it back and forth, making my grip on Naruto tighten as I instinctively moved closer to him and away from the grass ninja.

'I just have to ... Kill all of you.' he said slowly, pulling up his sleeve to reveal a tattoo. Biting his thumb until it bled, he ran his thumb over the tattoo in a straight line, drawing over it with blood.

Naruto pushed me aside and then sprinted towards the grass ninja with a kunai. 'Don't mess with us!' He growled angrily.

'Don't! Run, Naruto!' Sasuke yelled urgently.

'Damn it!' said Naruto, ignoring Sasuke's words. 'I've lost faith in you, Sasuke!'

In a blink of an eye, a large snake appeared once again, shocking Naruto. The snake slammed down onto him without hesitation.

'Naruto!' I shrieked, as his back slammed into a tree, causing him to cough up blood.

He fell off and was now falling towards the snake.

I watched in horror as the snake opened its mouth, revealing it's sharp teeth.

{Time Skip}

I poked my head into the little cave like structure that Sakura and I decided seemed like a decent place to rest.

'I've got water,' I said, holding up the two containers that were filled to the brim.