"Ready for a three hours and fifteen-minute drive?!" My dad cheers excitedly and I groan as I turn his stupid county music down on the radio.

"Hey, this is a classic!" He always says, turning the volume higher then it was before and he then begins to sing the song. In this case, it's Cruise by Florida Georgia Line. Why are they still playing this song on the radio? It's annoying and so catchy ugh.

I lay down in my seat, for a minute or two keeping my eyes looking at the beach, and my house with my head almost twisted all the way around like an owl in the night. My phone then vibrates on my leg.

porter
text me when you get there
i wanna see that sexy ass apartment and roommate of yours

lou
it's literally a three-hour-long drive?!
and what if she isn't even pretty?

porter
oh just send me a picture when you get there!
miss ya already lou(ser) (;

lou
don't even start with the stupid nicknames por(n)er
hahaha

This is my best friend and he's literally dumb. Also yeah...apartment. My dad said to me that I shouldn't live on Campus. I tried to ask him why but he wouldn't answer me.

I don't have a problem with the apartment lifestyle it's just the way they set it up...

This online website has where you can register to get a room and it says you can also room with your friends. Porter isn't attending UNC-Chapel Hill so my dad just put me in for the matching site. So now the only thing I know about my roommate is that her name is Kayla and she's in her second year of college.

Hopefully, she's nice and her personality's not actual trash. Unlike Porter I tend to look off of people based on the inside, Porter cares if they're hot but he does look for personality deep down inside.

I wish this ride could go faster. The place is called 501 Estates and is only about ten minutes away from Chapel Hill. Which is good for driving but I don't have a car yet. I plan on getting one this week since this "settle your bags in for the newest semester" goes on for the whole Sunday through Saturday thing.

The biggest hope for me right now is that my roommate Kayla will be the perfect friend for me. That's all I'm really worrying about now. Crossing my fingers until the break.

After the so three hours drive we finally get to Estates 501. It's beautiful and has a pool, a 24/7 indoor gym, and so many apartment complexes everywhere. I close the car door behind me as I open the back seat, while my dad opens the trunk. I grab a few bags as I head over to the welcome table that they have outside.

"Welcome! Could I get your name please?" A woman with dirty blonde hair asks. She has makeup plastered all on her face but some reason it looks natural as hell. It's as if, you were looking from afar you couldn't really tell.

"Louise Mitchell," I chirp shift my bags in my hands. I look at the place. How beautiful it looks on the outside but I just can't wait to see what it looks like on the inside.

My dad pulls up behind me telling me we are going to have to make round trips back and forth. I nod as the lady searches for my name, going through pages.

"Ah! Room 237! Here is your key! Enjoy 501 Estates!" She gives us a genuine smile holding the glass entrance door open for us as we thank her, heading to the elevator.