Chapter 15: Moved

When the (h/c) haired girl arrived back at school, she had gone into the student council room. Since she had left for two days, she expected the work to be backed up. However, to her surprise, she had found almost all papers completed relatively flawlessly. She knew Narahashi hadn't done it, but it was unlikely the other student council members helped out. They were still in the process of looking for new members, so they were a bit short-staffed.

"Hm? Those?" Narahashi hummed when she asked about it, smiling gently when he remembered, "It was Takuya. Shota and I talked a bunch while the little guy went crazy. Did a great job, too. I checked."

(Y/n) was baffled. In fact, she was incredibly interested in how he had managed to do it. So, instead of remaining in the student council room, she waited patiently for him in their homeroom. As expected, he showed up early with Shota, the redhead rushing up to greet her. He was very enthusiastic, too, prattling off questions about her weekend or something; she wasn't really listening. She just stared at Takuya, the white-haired male awkwardly taking a seat next to her.

"(Y/n)?" Shota chuckled nervously, trying his best to get her attention, "Did you...get enough sleep?"

"Takuya," she paused, placing the papers in front of the white-haired male, "Did you do these?"

"Oh," he mumbled, tilting his head, "Yes."

"That's actually very impressive."

Takuya blushed, averting his eyes from her. He felt unused to the attention and the compliment, not really sure what to do. Though he had come to feel akin to her and liked her quite a decent amount, it was a lot to handle. His skin was burning, too, the male unable to stop his childish reaction. Still, he supposed, it didn't feel bad. If possible, he would have liked to have a few more compliments. Shota stared.

"It was nothing," he stuttered, blurting out words uncontrollably, "It - Just - I've been working with my father since I was little, so I guess I'm good at paperwork. Not to say it's easy! Your job isn't...I mean...Ugh..."

"Actually, I was amazed at the level of detail that went into these. And we have a few openings for the student council. Obviously, we already have a president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary, but there are other positions, too. It would look great on any resumé you'd have, too. Plus - "

"I'm sorry," Shota interrupted, giving the girl a bewildered look, "Are you asking him to join the student council with you?"

"Well, yes. I think having him with us would be beyond helpful. There are more benefits, so - "

"Ah, that's really sweet of you, but, as you know, Takuya's not good with people. So, he'd have to decline the - "

"Would I get to work with you, (Y/n)?" the smaller boy peeped up, a small spark of excitement in his eyes.

"Yeah," the girl smiled, "I'd have to introduce you to the rest of the council and everything, but, if you'd feel more comfortable with it, you can be my assistant. No one has that position yet. I have an office that we can work in, too, so, hopefully, it won't be too overwhelming for you."

Shota was taken aback. He understood that Takuya saw her in a much better light after calming him down and getting him treatment, but he didn't know it had gotten him to want to spend time with her. Of course, he was happy for him - or, at least, so he he thought. After all, the smaller male always struggled making friends because he was so shy and fearful of others. So, it was a good thing that Shota - as his friend - should have been proud of, right? But, somehow, he only felt jealous.

"If you're in need of some more council members," the redhead smiled, "I would also love to be your assistant."

"That would be great, but I'm only allowed one assistant because of the benefits. Still, it would be great if you wanted to join. We have openings in the disciplinary committee and the club management team."