Chapter 62: Cutting Board

Hours later, the males kept at it, still at the same point they were when they first began. (Y/n) came down at that point, confused at why she hadn't been bothered for quite some time. Her hour of freedom had been seeming suspiciously long. So, she turned the corner at the end of the stairs, confronted with the loud bickering of the males. She watched them for a while, figuring out that they were talking about what Shota promised her. Yet, they didn't seem all in agreement about it, making her frown. She knew it was too good to be true.

The girl stepped into view, wanting to fight on her own behalf. The males stopped talking, trailing off where they were at in the conversation and turned their gaze to her, especially Haru, who ran straight to hug her. He glanced up, begging her to agree she didn't need privacy. Of course, he was fighting a losing battle there, the girl rolling her eyes at him. It didn't matter how cute he wanted to play. She would stab him for an hour alone.

"You still won't give me any slack?" the girl asked, laying her disappointment on pretty thick to get it through the brunette's head.

Rei looked away in shame at refusing to let her have a measly hour to herself, but Haru only looked at her sternly. The others didn't give away any emotion, hoping that she would be able to talk them into it. While she didn't say a word, Rei's stubbornness was broken further and further down as his guilt consumed him. Yet, Haru stayed firm to what he wanted to do, not willing to let anyone else change his mind.

"I'll agree to it," Rei sighed, hanging his head in defeat, "Only because cupcake said so. Let it be noted that I'm not happy about this though."

"Noted," Shota smirked, "but soon to be forgotten."

Haru was not so easy to convince. The girl frowned at his unmovable state, wondering why he wasn't willing to give her a small luxury like time to herself. When she made that face, he managed to figure out she was mad at him, retreating from the hug and to the couch where he crossed his legs and pouted. Staring out the window, he tried not to look into her eyes to avoid caving. The brunette would occasionally grumble or mumble something to himself to encourage staying strong.

"Why don't I just buy you a computer or something?" Haru suggested, offering a compromise that suited him more than her.

"Haru," Yamato said, crossing his arms over his chest, "Give her this one thing. Maybe then she'll like you better."

(Y/n) turned her head to scowl at the brunette for promising the younger male such a thing, but he only put his finger to his lip, asking her to keep quiet. She raised her eyebrows, wondering if this was how he got Haru to surrender. The male in question only debated silently with himself, thinking over the pros and cons of giving her some privacy. Then again, the hope that she would feel for him as he did for her was too much for him to ignore, and he finally gave in. He nodded reluctantly, letting everyone know he agreed to the terms of the promise.

"Wonderful!" Shota exclaimed, clasping his hands together and standing up from the couch, "Then it's settled. She'll be able to pick the time - whenever it is - and none of us can interfere with her alone time unless it's absolutely necessary."

(Y/n) beamed, letting her smile reach from cheek to cheek. Yamato blushed, being the first to realize it had appeared again, and cleared his throat, turning away to avoid being seen in such a timid state. When Takuya stumbled upon it, he jumped up and hugged her tightly, thanking her for being happy. The others only silently appreciated it, expecting to see the expression far more often.

"I haven't even started on dinner!" Rei shouted, scrambling to the kitchen to begin cooking, "Does anyone want anything in particular?"

"Curry," Yamato stated, petting the quiet dogs as they wagged their tails.