Merry Christmas

En başından başla

"I don't like him either, but we don't have much of a choice. Gertrude is still not talking to us and Olaf said that he doesn't know anything either. He also said that due to some things, he doesn't have the time to search for information." you said, and you could hear him sigh on the other side.

"I know...Just...just take care around him." he replied.

"Hey, don't worry about me. I have a great family by my side to protect me." you said, Radiance puffing in joy at your words.

Dipper chuckled. You could picture his smile, a light blush running across your face. You sensed the Moth's stare on you but did your best to ignore it. Out of the three of them, Radiance was the most understanding when it came to your relationship with Dipper, but it was obvious that her opinion was beginning to change.

You continued to talk about mostly useless matters, plans for when you two would meet again, a time neither knew when it would happen. You ended up the conversation after an hour, stretching your arms and leaning back on your bed the moment you closed the phone, Radiance flying towards the balcony to look at the ones outside.

"I'm glad this winter has been calm so far. Unlike last year." she said, watching the little ones play.

"Yeah. Last winter was pretty crazy." you said, a wave of memories coming crashing down on you, bringing tears to your eyes.

Last year you went to your parents. You saw your mother and father, you argued with them and helped them around. This year you were able to do it. You began to recall all the times you wished to spend the holidays away from them, realizing now how stupid it was. You never know what you have until you lose it. You smiled sadly, turning on the side and staring at Kuro's egg as tears began to flow.

"Are you alright my dear?" Radiance asked, looking at you concerned.

"Yeah. Just...just remembering some things." you said, avoiding her glance.

"Do you miss your parents?" she asked, landing next to you and putting a wing on your cheek, shivering when the coldness of your skin seeped through her feathers.

"Yes." you replied, as she leaned in closer to hear the word leave your lips.

She sighed, jealously trying to clutch her heart and poison it. She felt a hue of envy towards Norah and the place she had in your heart, even though she knew it was wrong. She was your birth mother, the one who raised you for the most important part of your life and the one you still looked up to despite trying to deny it. The Radiance loved you dearly and she knew you loved her as well, but the jealously was still there, trying to subdue her. But she stood strong, not giving in to it. Not like last time.

You reached out a hand and brushed your fingers over Kuro's egg. So warm and pleasant. Oh! How you missed him too. Holding him and watching him fly. But you had to wait, just like the doctor said.

A soft knock at the door, caught your and Radiance's attention. You both looked up to see the Doll stand in the doorway, Ghost and Robby running past her and jumping on you, arms outstretched and wrapping around you with the force of two 8 year old. They had grown so much since summer. Ghost was now reaching Pure's waist and was two heads smaller than you, while Robby still had some growing to do to reach them, but that didn't seem to bother him. He was taking advantage of his still baby height to get out of trouble and get his father, and everyone for that manner, to spoil him rotten. But could anyone blame you? His pouting face and puppy eyes were too irresistible.

"Lunch is ready, (Y/N)." the Doll said.

"Ok. Thank you for telling me." you replied, getting off the bed, those two babies still hanging onto you.