The Storm After the Calm ❁

Start from the beginning

"Yes." He muttered, making me forget my uneasiness. "I definitely..." He paused for whatever reason I didn't know but his eyes never left mine. "Will."

Oh God, the words coming out of his mouth and the way he was looking at me right now. Someone tell me how to survive this moment. 

I didn't realize that I was holding my breath until we heard the woman's voice.

"Oh, they're under each other's spell...." She said softly, this time standing next to her husband, her hands on his waist. "Right dear?"

The elder man only cleared his throat as a reply to her question. He looked like he didn't want to agree with his wife or something.

"Anyway, come now let's get you two something to eat." The woman went to us, taking my hand to lead us inside.

***

We ate some very delicious meals. Though it was a simple dinner, my stomach ended up full and contented with the food they served. We introduced ourselves, skipping the part that Baekhyun's a singer/celebrity. Later on, we got to learn about them too. The old man, remained quiet most of the time while his wife talked to us from time to time. Her name was Kim Shin Myeong and her husband's name Kim Dong Yoon. According to her, it was just the two of them in the house since their only son now lived in Seoul with his family and they only come to visit once in a while. She also noted that Baekhyun looked quite familiar to her but Baekhyun, who wanted to keep his identity a secret told her that his face was quite common. She laughed at his remarks calling him such a humble man.

Later on, she led us to the room on the right. The house was not so big and it looked pretty traditional which I truly loved. She opened the door by sliding them apart, revealing a small but very cozy looking room. There was a tall closet on the right that's made of wood, a small desk right next it. There was a lamp on the table. The wooden floor was bare but it felt so warm under my feet.

"This used to be our son's room." She said. "I'm sorry if it's small."

"Oh it's okay Mrs. Kim." I immediately told her. "You don't have to apologize. Actually, we are really thankful to you and your husband for welcoming us to your beautiful house."

My statement immediately earned a smile from her which made me feel good. Seeing her reminded me of my grandmother and this somehow made me feel nostalgic.

"I really hope we're not causing you burden or something." Baekhyun said, who was standing right next to me.

"Don't worry." She replied. "I'm always happy every time we get to have visitors. And you both seem nice and so in love." She added, emphasizing her last two words.

"Well I guess she's too obvious right?" Baekhyun said in a teasing tone, pointing at me. "You're right Mrs. Kim she's head over heels in love with me."

My mouth fell open before I slightly hit him on his chest sending the woman burst in laughter.

"Actually..." She muttered when she stopped laughing. "You..." Trailing off, she pointed at Baekhyun. "You're the one who can't seem to keep your eyes off her."

Baekhyun, not saying anything tilted his head down and lift a hand to his nape, scratching it as if he just got exposed.

"She must mean the world to you." She said, her eyes on him.

I watched how his lips formed into a beautiful smile before opening his mouth to respond.

"Yes..." He paused and turned to face me. "She does."

The way my heart wanted to explode of love for him. If he only knew how much his words meant to me, how much they make me want to cry, how much they make me weak in the knees.