The Storm After the Calm ❁

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I asked you two to get off the truck so we could head to my house." He added in a matter of fact tone.

Relief rushed through my veins hearing what he just said.

"Really?" For some reason, Baekhyun and I chorused.

Without answering us, he proceeded to shut the door of the truck closed before he went on the lean the way. Baekhyun looked relieved as he glanced at me for a moment before we followed the man.

***

We walked through a narrow road which was only a few meters away from the truck before we saw a small house. It looked so cozy with its roof fully covered by snow. It was made of wood and I could already imagine how warm it'd be inside. We weren't even at the doorstep yet when the door opened, revealing an elder woman. Like the old man, she seemed to be in her early sixties. However, unlike him she had a heart-warming smile plastered on her face.

She must be his wife, I concluded.

This idea was proven right when she immediately leaned in to kiss the old man on the cheek as if welcoming him home, causing Baekhyun and I to exchange looks right away.

Oh, my heart wanted to melt at the sight of an elder couple being affectionate in front of us.

"Well, who are these two extremely good looking visitors we have here?" She asked her prying eyes on us.

"Let them in." The man replied quickly, not giving us the chance to introduce ourselves to his wife.

"Oh, of course." The sweet sounding granny said, stepping aside so we could come in.

As we got in, I instantly wanted to melt due to the warmth and the coziness aura that the house radiated. I was so drawn to the atmosphere that I didn't notice Baekhyun bent on his knees, helping me with my boots. The corners of my lips curved up right away with what he was doing.

"Are you two married?" There went the question once more, this time from the old woman.

We both froze, Baekhyun was halfway done taking off my last shoe as he turned to the woman before looking up to meet my eyes.

"They're not married." It was the old man's voice that we all heard next.

Looking away, I tried to locate him but he wasn't in the room with us anymore. He must be on the next room then and must have heard his wife asking us the same question he asked a while ago.

"Oh." She muttered, sounding sad or something.

Baekhyun, finally done helping me to take off my boots, stood and went to clear his throat. I glanced at him and I was certain he was ready to open his mouth to say something but the woman in front of us chuckled, catching both of our attentions right away.

"Well, by the looks of it, you two are likely to get married." She told us, her eyes forming into crescents as she spoke.

My heartbeat doubled hearing her say those words. I swear, this whole getting married thing was making me antsy and fluttery at the same time.

"That's what he said." The old man said once more, this time revealing himself on the door from the room on the left.

Without his hat, he still looked grumpy. His hair is almost silver and only had a few streaks of black left. His hands were shoved in his pockets as his eyes were on us.

"Really?" His wife exclaimed, her hands meeting together excitedly.

I didn't really know how to respond to that, so I tilted my head away for a bit. Then all of a sudden, I felt Baekhyun's hand on mine, giving it a squeeze. Turning to face him, I directly met his gaze. He was looking at me and I could sense the affection in his eyes.