07

"What's the connection between your g-group and me?" Hyejun looked down.

"Apparently, this mad-hyung was determined to make you his." Taehyun rolled his eyes.

Hyejun didn't think twice before she slowly took a few steps back before running away from them. Five of them were unaware of her actions and started chasing her.

"YAH! CHOI HYEJUN!"

She heard Soobin's shouting her name but all she could think is run. Run away from them who was nothing but mafias.

She ran searching for the main gate over and over again. It's her only chance to escape especially from Choi Yeonjun.

Finally , she found a tall yet luxurious door. She gained her strength and courage before pressing the handle. She looked down , scared of what's in front of her.

"I told you . You can't escape from me."

She froze again. She glanced at an unknown shoe before slowly lifting her shaking head. It was the devil himself , Choi Yeonjun.

His face shows no emotions but she could tell he was furious as fuck. His jaw was clenched and his lips formed a smirk.

"Y-Yeonjun..." Hyejun stuttered , taking a step back only to be met with a figure behind her. "Hold her." Yeonjun commanded. Within seconds , the figure trapped Hyejun with his arms , clasping her in.

She uttered a yelp when the grip was too tight.

"L-Let me go!" , she begged struggling against the figure's grip. "P-Please , I w-want to g-go home." She cried.

Truth be told , he hated seeing her crying in pain. She doesn't deserve this even if his motive was to make her remember him back.

Yeonjun secretly pulled out a needle and slowly inserted in Hyejun's arm while her eyes was closed. Slowly , she started loosing consciousness and collapsed on the figure's arms.

"Again?" , Soobin asked. "It's the only way to make her shut up." Yeonjun raised an eyebrow.

"Put her in my room. Again." He said before leaving both of them there. Shortly, he joined the others in the dining table.

"Didn't expect that." , Huening Kai muttered. "You really should fuck her tonight. Let her know where she belongs."

Beomgyu slammed the table , standing up. "Come on , hyung. Don't you have a heart or some shit? She's in pain and you're making it worse!" He looked at Yeonjun who was peacefully eating.

"Hyung!"

"What do you expect me to do , Choi Beomgyu?! Do you think it's easy for me to let her remember her true step brother?!"

Yeonjun was angry as he furiously stood up. His hand formed a fist. "I have a heart , Choi Beomgyu. If she remembers me , I wouldn't have to take her in this way."

"Drama started. Where's my popcorn?", Taehyun sarcastically said.

Beomgyu glared at him and stomped his feet walking away from the table.

< >

Beomgyu reached Yeonjun's bedroom where Hyejun was placed. He quietly opened the door and closed it. His heart sank when he saw Hyejun curled up in a ball , crying.

He slowly approached her and sat at the bed.
"H-Hyejun?" , he called. Hyejun slowly lifted her head and saw Beomgyu in front of her.

"A-Am I your t-toy?" She stuttered. Beomgyu remained silent. "What did I do to live like this?" She asked again .

"I've never experience true happiness , Beomgyu. I'm sick of being bullied and now? Am I a hostage for you?" , Hyejun started to cry. "Take me home ,
p-please.."

Beomgyu looked at her hands that were clutching onto his arm. She continued crying and that made him felt bad and guilty.

"Listen , Hyejun. I'm not like them , okay-"
"Then , take me home."

Beomgyu shut his lips again. "Unless , until you remember Yeonjun. The real Yeonjun." He sighed and she looked at him confused.

"He can just talk to me , can't he? Why do all of you need to capture me and held me here?" Hyejun frustratedly spoke.

Beomgyu spread his hands and hugged crying Hyejun. She didn't struggle much but somehow she felt calm in his embrace.

It reminds her of Taehyung.

"Hyejun-ah , I'm sorry for treating you harshly when we first got you. I really am." Beomgyu patted her back. "I've got your back , okay. Trust me."

He sounded convincingly but she didn't know if she could trust him completely. She was terrified since she's the only girl in the mansion and anything bad could happen anytime soon.

They both pulled away from the hug and stared at each other's eyes. Until , a knock on the door been heard.

It was Soobin.

He was holding a red-colored box. "Sorry to interrupt but can I just talk to Hyejun for a minute?" Soobin asked Beomgyu who was looking up at him.

Beomgyu nodded. He stood up and leaned against the wall giving space to Soobin.

"Hey , Hyejun. Umm , I would like you to wear this dress for tonight's event." Soobin gave the box to her with a smile on his face.

"Event?" Hyejun tilted her head sounding confused.

"Oh right , actually we have to attend an event tonight and we have to bring you along." Soobin replied. "We can't leave you in this mansion alone."

Hyejun sighed. "Yah , I'm not a 6 year old kid. I can take care of myself. You guys can go , I'll stay here."

She handed back the box to him but he politely placed it back onto her arms.

"Also , there's one tiny little reason you need to wear it." Soobin rubbed the back of his neck.

"Let me get this straight. Every mafia leader needs to have a partner in every ceremony they have to attend alongside the members. So , for tonight.. you'll be Yeonjun's partner eventually."