Chapter 23-Focus On Now

Double The Trouble Chapter 23

1977

Ashton

"Mother is going to kill you." I said to Jaden as she and I sat under the Marauder's tree.

"Her and Daddy." Jaden said.

"Are you afraid? Can you See it?" I asked as I looked out at the Great Lake.

"No, I can't See what I'm having. I just know that I am pregnant." Jaden answered and I sighed.

Not even a month and Jaden comes up pregnant with Sirius' child. We found out right before an owl was sent that James' parents died in their sleep of natural causes. We found it sweet that they both died at the same time. James had them buried together. He was upset but he knew it was coming. They were both old. Jaden saying she was pregnant had all of scared us of what would happen.

"But are you afraid?" I asked. Jaden didn't say anything as she stared at the lake.

"Of course. Voldemort's raising and we're in the Order. I know he's gonna want us on his side. Ashton, I wish I could have this baby later but I already Saw it happen." Jaden answered.

"But can't you change what you See? Like, change the future. Nothing's set in stone." I said.

"No. Bad things happen to wizards who mess with time and the past and the future." Jaden shook her head.

"That's a Time Turner. And these visions aren't what will happen; they are what may happen," I jumped up. "Jaden, we can help everyone. Alice and Frank. We can make sure they don't end up going mentally insane. We can make sure a little boy grows up with his parents. Jaden, what else have you Seen? Like on Halloween night in fifth year? I feel like there was something more to us being in Dumbledore's office." I said.

"Nothing, Ashton." Jaden said and walked towards the castle. I sighed and rolled my eyes at her.

She was going to have to tell Mother and everyone when we all went to our house for Christmas. I don't know why she won't tell me what she Sees.

"So how do feel about everything?" Remus asked as he, Lily, James, Peter and I stood at our tree.

"I don't know. Should I feel different? I'm not the one that's...you know. I mean, I know we're twins, but all that stuff about feeling each other's pain and shit is bull. So I don't feel any different except fear maybe. Voldemort, my mother and father and everything else." I said. Everyone flinched at the use of his name.

"It's understandable. To be afraid, I mean," Lily said. "I'm afraid for them and they aren't even related to me."

"But we're all friends so it affects us all. I just hope Padfoot doesn't faint when she gives birth." James said and we all laughed.

"I've always wanted to know, what do those nicknames mean? Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail and Prongs. What do they mean?" Lily asked.

"Should we tell her?" Peter asked Remus and James.

"Would she tell anyone? Like Dumbledore?" I asked.

"So Ashton knows?" Lily said but we ignored her.

"I mean, you lot know that I've always planned on marrying her and I feel like this year she won't turn me down." James whispered.

"They're illegal Animagi." Jaden said as she and Sirius joined us. She looked nauseous.

"What?" Lily gasped.

"Come on." James grabbed Lily's hand and led her to the Forbidden Forest. We followed after them.