Chapter 7- RJL

Double The Trouble Chapter 7

1975

Ashton

I can't believe how easily Remus was ready to throw Kenneth into the fire. Now everyone is talking about me and everything that happened two weeks ago.

Since then a support group for everyone affected by Kenneth was held. I was asked to attend by Athena Rose. It was depressing. I'm just glad I didn't get to the point most of the girls there did. I wouldn't know how to deal with myself if he raped me. And to think I thought he actually really liked me.

Remus has tried to apologize to me but I've avoided him for sometime. It's all been too much. Also RJL sent another charm, a drama sign; the two masks, one smiling and one frowning.

"Hey Ashton! Jaden!" James called me over to the board he and a bunch of boys were surrounding in the common room. I was walking in the portrait hole with Kaden, Jaden, Lily and Alice.

"The Quidditch team is up!" Sirius yelled. Jaden and I pushed our way through the thong of boys to see if our names were on the list.

1975-1976 School Year Quidditch Team

Seeker: James Potter

Beaters: Sirius Black and Ezra Paine

Chaser: Oscar Wood, Jaden Carmichael, and Emma Scott

Keeper: Ashton Carmichael

"We're on the team." I whispered.

"We're on the team!" Jaden and I shouted and hugged each other.

"You two and Scott are the first girls on the Gryffindor team in five years. Congrats." Wood patted our shoulders.

Emma Scott tried to jump around and over two boys to see the list.

"Emma Scott?" I asked and she turned my way and nodded.

"You made the team. I don't know why they're still looking." Jaden smiled.

"Probably hoping that it'll change the longer they look," Emma laughed. "I'm Emma Scott. Fourth year. It's gonna be great to be on the team with you girls."

"Ashton,"

"And Jaden,"

"Carmichael," We both said. "And you too."

"Congrats on making the team, Ashton." Remus said behind me. I turned and sighed.

"Thank you, Remus." I replied, looking to my left at the boys surrounding the board; not wanting to look at his face.

"I'm really sorry about the whole Widdlebee thing. I've been thinking about it and there was a much better way I could have gone about things. I just didn't want to see you get hurt." Remus apologized for the umpteenth time.

"It's okay, Remus. I understand. Thanks for apologizing for something that isn't your fault." I smiled before leaving the loud common room for the quiet library.

A lot of Ravenclaw students were cluttered in the library in various places. Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and Slytherins were spread here and there. I went over to Alec who was with Piper, Morgan, Lina and Tiberius.

"Hey guys. Mind if I sit?" I smiled.

"Hey Ashton. No go ahead." Lina smiled.

I sat and started on my homework.

"So anything new besides getting rid of Widdlebee?" Piper asked.

"No. Well, I made the Quidditch team." I said.