Chapter 5- First Day of Classes

Double The Trouble Chapter 5

1975

Ashton

I woke earlier than Alice, Lily or Jaden. I wanted to be the first up to have a look around the castle before class started. I changed into my robes, grabbed my bags with all of my books in it and left the dorm for the empty common room. But that didn't seem to be so.

Someone was sitting near the unlit fire with a book in their lap.

"Oh. Good morning. I thought I was the only one up this early." I greeted politely but groaned when the person turned around. It was Remus.

"Morning, Ashton." Remus smiled.

"Remus. I didn't noticed it was you. Well I guess I'll see you around." I said and tried to leave but he spoke.

"Where are you going? Breakfast?" Remus asked, halting me in the porthole.

"No. I'm going to look around first." I said.

"If you're coming out, come out. I won't stay open all day." The Fat Lady said. So I stepped out with, unfortunately, Remus following me.

"How about I show you around? So you don't get lost? Or have any questions?" Remus suggested.

"I mean, you might as well since the Fat Lady is sleeping." I said, pointing at the portrait hole. The Fat Lady was peacefully sleeping.

"Right. So I guess we'll start over here."

Remus showed me around the whole castle before breakfast was halfway done. During the time, he became less creepy and more normal but he was still on my never-be-alone-with-unless-necessary list.

"Ashton, where were you?" Kaden asked when I sat down to eat.

"Remus was showing me around the castle. I really wanted to see it before classes started and Remus was the only one up." I explained.

"Did you like the castle?" Kenneth piled food onto my plate.

"I loved it. Now I can't wait for classes to start." I smiled and put some of the food back before eating.

Professor McGonagall was passing out class schedules the entire breakfast. How could she get them to everyone wehn they were sitting all over?

"Ashton Carmichael. Jaden Carmichael. Kaden Carmichael."

Once I was handed my schedule I smiled widely.

(Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays)

8:00AM-9:00AM: Charms
9:00-10:00: Transfiguration
10:00-11:00: Herbology
11:00AM-12:00PM: LUNCH
12:00-1:00: Defense Against the Dark Arts
1:00-2:00: Care of Magical Creatures
2:00-3:00: Ancient Runes
3:00-4:00: Potions

(Tuesdays & Thursdays)
8:00AM-9:00AM: Transfiguration
9:00-10:00: Aritchmary
10:00-11:00: Charms
11:00AM-12:00PM: LUNCH
12:00-1:00: Muggle Studies
1:00-2:00: History Of Magic
2:00-3:00: Potions with Ravenclaw
3:00-4:00: Healing

12:00AM: Astronomy with Gryffindor and Hufflepuff

"Three seventh year classes?" Kenneth asked.

"Yes. I took Healing at my old school. But when I took a test to see where I was for this school, Ancient Runes and Aritchmary were added on." I smiled.

"You're lucky. You only have two days of History of Magic." Kaden sighed.

"Because your one is really bad." Lily giggled. We laughed with her.