Chapter 13- Summer Long Problems

Double The Trouble Chapter13

1976

Jaden

"No." I gasped as I sat up in bed. I just had another vision about Sirius and Lily and James and Ashton and Remus dying.

This summer has been a particularly horrid one. I keep having the same visions over and over. Though, they seem to mostly come when I'm asleep. Ashton normally makes me a sleeping potion that'll keep me sleep for the whole night but she went to London to help Remus since it's a full moon and she didn't have time to make the potion. I would do it myself but I get lazy during the summer.

I wish the visions would stop. They were okay, funny even, when I predicted the weather or the ending of a movie or television finale. But now that I'm seeing people I know and care about die, I wish I couldn't See anything.

I sighed and got out of bed, knowing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

"Miss Jaden! Miss Jaden!" My and Ashton's house elf, Izzy, squealed as she burst into my room. Izzy is a dark brown haired, brown eyed house elf that we freed when we were young. She loves working for us so she stays.

"Yes, Izzy?" I asked, now fully awake.

"Izzy told him he couldn't come. Izzy told him that Miss Jaden said he couldn't come unannounced. But he came anyway! Oh, how Izzy tried to get him to leave but he wouldn't. And Izzy wouldn't dear duel a wizard. Izzy is most sorry, Miss Jaden. Izzy is most sorry." Izzy worried herself.

"Oh, Izzy. It's okay. I'll handle him myself. Just make us some tea then," I sighed and left my room for the living room where I knew he'd be waiting for me. As I knew, he was sitting in an armchair near the window, staring out of it intently with his dazzling grey eyes and brown shaggy hair in his face. "You know, I was taught to stun and/or kill unannounced guest like yourself."

"It's not like you don't See me coming, Jaddy." Sirius Black smiled at him. Sirius had really been a great help since summer started. I told him and only him that I'm a Seer and he didn't freak out like I thought he would. He was reasonably calm about everything. Maybe because I hadn't told him about all of my visions or any of the big ones really. Just that he is even more handsome as he ages.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. What do you want this time? I thought you were helping Remus?" I asked as Izzy brung out a tray with tea and biscuits. "Tea? Biscuit?"

"Sure," He shrugged and grabbed a cup. "I was supposed to help Moony but Ash is doing that. She is really keeping Moony sane so he's no fun to play with anymore. Though, he still has his moments of rage. But who doesn't with Ash, right?"

"I guess. But why are you here? It's just about 8AM there." I asked.

"Ash told me that your visions were getting worse and keeping you from sleeping. So I've decided to come be your teddy bear." He smirked at my over his tea cup.

"Because Mistress Carmichael will allow that!" Izzy blew up. "Mister Carmichael will have Izzy's, Miss Jaden's and Mister Black's heads for allowing Mister Black to stay in Miss Jaden's room. Oh how Izzy will be shunned. Izzy might have to punish herself."

"Izzy, you know Mother doesn't punish you or allow you to punish yourself. Don't worry about her. I'll deal with her myself." I smiled at the terribly worrisome house elf before grabbing Sirius' hand and pulling him to my room.

"I can't stand house elves. Especially yours. She worries too much." Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Shut up! Don't talk about Izzy that way. She's amazing," I hissed at him as I closed my bedroom door. "She's better than that Kreacher at your parents' house."

"Right you are," Sirius nodded before taking off his light jacket and shoes and laying on the bed. "Come on. You must sleep."

I sighed and laid next to him. Sirius hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend like I had expected, or Seen to be more accurate, but I think it's because he's never been in a serious relationship before and doesn't know how to be in one.

"Your birthday is coming up. What are we doing for it?" Sirius asked, breaking the silence that fell on us.

"I don't know. Ashton and I are turning sixteen and we don't wanna do anything bring. Just cake, friends and family here at the house," I shrugged. "You're turning seventeen in September. What are we doing?"

"Going to school," He snorted. "You know I don't celebrate my birthday."

"Yes but that's going to change this year. I'm throwing you a party on the train." I smiled.

"Fine but I won't enjoy it," I could hear the smile in his voice and it caused me to smile. "Go to sleep." He whispered.

"Will you be here in the morning?" I asked softly.

"Probably not. I don't want Miss Margaret or Blake to kill me. But I'll be back when you wake up so we can go around London." He answered.

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"That's too many questions. Now sleep." He snapped softly and I sighed. I could never See how he got here, just that he did.

Before I knew it, I was sleeping peacefully in Sirius' arms.

••

Ashton

"Damnit, Remus." I cursed as Remus shifted back. It was a particularly rough full moon for him. Since I've been helping he's been okay, calm even. But this one was horrible. He kept trying to scratch and bit me, James and Peter. He actually knocked me into a rock so hard I thought I broke my spine but I didn't.

"I'm sorry." Remus sighed as James threw a cloak over his naked body.

"You don't have to apologize, mate. We understand." James helped him up as I stretched and heard something crack.

"Asht," Remus whispered my name. "I'm so sorry. Maybe you shouldn't be helping me."

"No. It's fine. I want to help." I smiled.

"Y-you almost broke her spine," Peter snickered. James and I threw him disgusted looks. "But she's f-fine."

"Thanks, Peter. Let's get you inside." I sneered then was affectionate. I helped James carry Remus inside Remus' home where James and Peter left on brooms for their homes and I stayed to help Remus.

"Oh dear. Are you two okay?" Hope Lupin, Remus' mother asked as we came inside.

"We're fine, Mum," Remus said, not taking her helping hand. He even pushed me a little. "I've got it."

We watched as he struggled to make his way to his bedroom in the one story house. He made it there and I was worried why he always did this.

"He doesn't want us to think he's weak." Hope said.

"And I don't but when he does that," I sighed. "I guess I'll be going home. It should only be about two in the morning at home. I should sleep since I have to help my friend with the full moon there."

"You're such a brave girl. I'm glad Remus mated on you. Do you want something to eat before you leave?" Hope asked, walking to the kitchen.

"No. I'm fine. I'll eat at home. Later, Hope. Tell Lyall I said hello. And Remus I'll see him soon." I smiled before going to the fireplace.

"Of course. Bye my dear." She waved as I disappeared in the emerald flames to my home in New Orleans.