Chapter 16- Extra Credit

Double The Trouble Chapter 16

1976

Ashton

"Okay! Listen up! Potter and I are captains this year! So we need two Beaters and three Chasers! If you were trying out for any other position, we might take one or two reserves! If you don't want to be a reserve, get off my field!" I shouted to the Gryffindors that turned up for Quidditch try-outs.

A lot of people left the patch for the stands.

"Harsh much?" James laughed. "Everyone up for a few laps around the patch. In the air!"

Everyone kicked off into the air quickly. Some were sloppy fliers while others were decent and very few were amazing. The old team members from last year, Sirius, Jaden, Erza and Emma, were amazing. And so was Blake who had bought himself a Nimbus 1800.

"Okay, Beaters, go on up!" James shouted. Sirius and Blake went into the air with about three others.

I made some dummies on school brooms float in the air and move to see if their aim was good. Of course Sirius and Blake hit every target while the others hit most of them.

"Come on up, Chasers!" I shouted. I was surprised to see little Ezra Paine trying out for Chaser instead of Beater like last year.

"Paine is really good. I bet he can play all three positions with ease." James said to me as he sat on his broom next to me at the goals. The Chasers had to try and get goals passed me which proved difficult. James sitting next to me and talking to me did help everyone though.

"Yeah. But shut up. I gotta give these people a hard time," I said as I saved a goal Jaden was trying to make. "Okay. That was great! We'll have the results posted in the common room by next week! Anyone trying for reserve?"

Remus stepped out onto the field and I was shocked to say the least. He was dressed in Keeper gear with a Cleansweep 2; a very decent broom.

"Alright then. Up in the air!" James shouted in between laughs. Remus kicked off and did laps around the patch as James and I watched from above.

"I didn't think he could fly." I said.

"Me neither," James laughed. "Alright to a goal!"

Remus flew to a goal and James and I started flying towards him with Quaffles. We both threw them at him and he saved both. We kept coming at him and he saved the Quaffle each time, leaving everyone amazed, me included.

"Well, I think we have a reserve Keeper!" I laughed. "Anyone else? Reserve Chaser or Beater or Seeker?"

A very small second year girl in the stand raised her hand.

"What do you want, Small?" James asked.

"Reserve Seeker!" She squeaked and everyone laughed.

"Do you have a broom?" I asked her as I flew over to the stands.

"No. Can't afford one." She shook her head.

"You'll have to use a school broom. But come on." I shrugged and she hoped on my broom. I flew her over to the school broom cupboard where she picked the best looking one and kicked off. She was a very decent flier. After her laps, I let a Snitch go and she found it in under five minutes.

"Amazing," James gasped. "She has the perfect build for a Seeker too."

"What's your name?" I asked as she handed me the Snitch.

"Angela Small. Muggleborn." She answered.

"Well, Angela Small Muggleborn, you just made reserve Seeker. James will be training you to be an amazing Seeker so you can be on the team by time we graduate," I smiled and she smiled widely. "And I'll speak with McGonagall to get you a decent broom."