Chapter 21-Broken Hearted

Double The Trouble Chapter 21

1977

Ashton

"Happy birthday, Sirius." I smiled as Jaden, Lily and I entered the compartment where Peter, James, Sirius and Remus were sitting.

"Happy birthday. This is from Ashton and myself." Lily smiled widely. She and I handed him a gift we both thought of and paid for.

"Yay," Sirius opened the heavy box with excitement. "So cool. It's a broom servicing kit. Thanks Ashie. Lily. It's awesome."

We smiled at him as we sat down.

"Happy birthday, Siri." Jaden sat on his lap and kissed him softly.

"I think I like this birthday present better." Sirius mumbled against Jaden's lip and we all laughed.

"So I'm Head Girl." Lily said.

"Lily, that's brilliant. I knew you'd get it." Remus smiled.

"You aren't Head Boy, Remus?" Lily asked.

"No. I am." James said softly.

"Ugh," Lily rolled her eyes with a soft sigh. "Great."

James just shrugged and looked out of the window. Lily looked at me and I raised an eyebrow. She rolled her eyes and shook her head no.

"Don't talk in girl code." Peter said.

"Yes. It's confusing." Remus said.

"But it's fun and watching you become confused is also fun." I smiled. Remus rolled his eyes at me with a smile.

He's been okay since Lyall died. At the funeral he didn't shed one tear. He was out of them. As was Hope. Sometimes she was her cheerful self and then, after asking Remus if he wanted a snack, she would ask Lyall and become depressed all over again.

"How's Hope?" James asked Remus after we had talked about a bunch of lot and airy things. Remus' face instantly fell. I gripped his hand tightly for comfort.

"Living," Remus answered. "Sometimes I wish I lost her too. It feels like I have anyway. Maybe then I wouldn't have to see her face when she calls him and he doesn't answer."

"Come on, mate. Don't talk like that. At least you still have her." Sirius said.

"Right. Remus, you still have your mum. Enjoy her while you can." Lily reached over me to pat his hand.

Remus just nodded before looking out the window. I snuggled up into his side and he wrapped his arm around me.

"With Lyall gone, who's going to convince you to have kids with me?" I sighed to ease the tension. Remus chuckled softly, causing everyone to relax.

"He was good for arguing for me to have kids," Remus shook his head. "Maybe I'll have one. For him."

"Now add two to that one." I said.

"Three kids? You trying to stretch and never snap back?" Sirius asked and Jaden slapped him.

"Don't talk like it's a rubber band or something. Why don't you think before you speak, Sirius Orion Black!" Jaden scolded him.

"Sirius Orion Black? S.O.B?" Lily asked.

"Son of a bitch!" I pointed at Sirius. "You're a son of a bitch. It's your name!"

We laughed at Sirius who was laughing with us.

"Yes, well. It is quite true. It was a bitch that birthed me." Sirius nodded.