Chapter 22-Is My Bed Clean?

Double The Trouble Chapter 22

1977

Jaden

"Sirius, I could have prevented Hope's and Lyall's deaths. I should have said something." I told Sirius as he and I walked the grounds together. It's been a month since Hope's funeral and I'm still depressed by it. I Saw both deaths and I should have said something.

"No, Jaden. You know as good as I do that messing with visions and the future can ruin everything. It's a good thing you didn't say anything. Remus was going to lose his parents anyway. They were old. I know you've Seen James' parents die already. They're older than I don't know what. And James knows this. Will he try to stop it if you tell him? No. Because he knows in time they'll die anyway. Death is inevitable." Sirius said to me.

"But I could have at least warned him so he wouldn't feel so much pain," I said. "You know he is. You can almost feel his pain. Ashton can only do so much."

"You're right. But even if you warned him, he would still feel the pain. No matter how much you prepare yourself, or try to at least, for the death of a loved one, there's still pain. But that pain is needed in life. It'll sting for sometime, but like all wounds, it will heal. He just needs some time." Sirius said. Even though he didn't show it all of the time, he is wise beyond his years. His words always spoke volume and were what you needed to hear.

He wrapped his arms around me and sighed. By now, I told him every vision I ever had-- his death, Remus', Ashton's, Lily's and James' as well.

"I wish I didn't See any of this. Then maybe I wouldn't feel like it'll all be my fault when it happens." I whispered.

"It's not your fault, Jaddy. Your gift is special. Like you. Don't wish away something so twistedly beautiful. It'll be a great aid when you least expect it," Sirius said and smiled down at me. "How about we go to Hogsmeade? I kinda rented a room in the inn for us to stay in for the next few hours. A thing or two can happen until we have to come back to the castle."

"Let me See," I smirked and closed my eyes. I instantly Saw me gripping onto Sirius' back as he laid on top of me. Then everything changed to two small bundles in my arms. I opened my eyes and smiled. "I think we should go now. But I hope you're ready to become a father because that's what's resulting from all of this."

"Oh great. Now you wish to tell me everything you See. Leave me in the dark on somethings, would ya?" Sirius sighed and picked me up. He ran to the carriages with me in his arms as I laughed and squealed. We almost toppled over to the ground more than once but that added to the fun.

••

Ashton

I let out a sigh as I watched everyone leave for Hogsmeade. I wasn't going this trip because Remus didn't want to go. He just wanted to sit by the fireplace and read a book. I didn't want to leave him alone so I stayed.

"You can go if you like. I can take care of myself." Remus said as I exhaled deeply.

"No I'm fine. I have homework I need to do anyway," I said as Lily and James walked toward the portrait hole together with smiles on their faces. "Looks like Lily and James are going to Hogsmeade together. They are so cute."

"Yup. The cutest. Really if you wish to go, you can. I'll be fine by myself." Remus said while still reading.

"Remus, put the book down and come with me." I snapped. He stared at me and I knew he was fighting the will to go against his wolf instincts of giving his mate what she wants. He finally sighed and placed the book down. I grabbed his hand and dragged him up to his empty dorm.