Chapter 20-How Long Ago Was It?

Double The Trouble Chapter 20

1977

Ashton

"Hey Asht." Remus interrupted the paperwork I was doing for Moody. It was halfway through summer before seventh year.

It was sad to see Blake graduate like it was to see Kaden, but I was happy too. He is finally finished with school so he doesn't have to worry about anything but work and he's going home to give Mother company.

My internship started two weeks after school ended so I spent both weeks at home in New Orleans since I wouldn't be home for the rest of the summer. I've been staying with Kaden and Aaron mostly but I'll sleepover at Lily's or James' or Remus' every once in a while. Jaden stayed home for half the summer then came to Kaden's for the other half.

"Hey Remi. If you wanted to do lunch, I can't. I have to finish this paperwork then start on this other pack. Answer some owls for Moody then go on a Dark Wizard hunt with him and other Aurors. I'm sorry." I sighed as I worked.

"Oh. I know. I came to bring you lunch." Remus set a bag on my desk.

"Thank you, Remus." I sighed with a smile.

"I know. Can you get a break soon? You'll be dead by time school starts and you know seventh year is important." Remus asked.

"If I work up until 1 September, I won't have to do most of the Auror training after I graduate. I'll have six months max. That'll give us more time to do what we want." I answered as another owl came in. I opened it and answered it quickly, sending the owl back where it came from.

"Well, okay. I just wanted to bring you lunch." Remus sighed and turned for the door.

"Remus?" I called softly.

"Yeah, Asht?" He turned.

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you, too," He came over to kiss me softly. "Dinner with my parents tonight."

"I didn't forget. Then we have a meeting to go to with everyone else." I said and Remus nodded. He gave me one last kiss before leaving.

"No lip smacking on the job, Carmichael!" Moody shouted from his office.

"Shouldn't you be answering these owls, Moody? Stop looking at me with that damn eye of yours!" I snapped back.

"I like your spunk, Carmichael," Moody walked into the main part of his office. His electric blue eye whizzed around the room, searching for something and finding nothing as Kaden walked into the office with a smile.

"Moody. Ash." Kaden greeted as she carried in her own lunch.

"You and Lupin going to be at the meeting?" Moody asked me, knowing Kaden and Aaron would be there.

"Yes sir. Although I don't turn seventeen for another week, he's asked me and my sister to join." I nodded.

"Good. Good. You'll both be needed. And did you get lunch?" Moody asked.

"Remus bought me lunch. But I'll see what I have to give you," I opened my bag to see two meatball sandwiches and two bags of chips or crisps. "You're in luck. He packed you some too. You have Butterbeer or something?"

"Fire whiskey." He smirked.

"Because we can get drunk on the job." Kaden snorted as Moody grabbed three Butterbeers. We sat and ate in silence before I finished answering owls and the paperwork. Moody and I went out with a few other Aurors, Kaden among them, in the department for a quick hunt. They were given a tip of the whereabouts of a group of Death Eaters and we were now going after them.