Chapter 3- Diagon Alley

Double The Trouble Chapter 3

1975

Ashton

"Aye, wake up, you lot. We're leaving for Diagon Alley in a few minutes!" Kaden shouted as she walked into the living room.

Jaden and I stretched, kicking each other off the small sofa we squeezed ourselves on. The floor was too cold for us last night. We got up and went to our suitcases to get an outfit: jeans, denim jacket, All-Star Converses and a plain shirt.

"Okay. Let's go." Aaron clapped his hands and walked out of the door with Kaden, Jaden, and I behind him.

Since we've been here, Jaden and I have walked the city of Muggle London. It's absolutely fabulous. I love it, but can't wait to see Wizard London. We walked to this bar-- or pub in British terms-- that the Muggles seemed to be avoiding.

"Welcome to the Leaky Cauldron. Muggles can't see the pub so it's safe from them." Aaron smiled.

"Come on." Kaden dragged us inside. Kaden and Aaron waved and greeted people they knew as we walked to the back.

"May I?" I asked. Aaron looked at me with his wand raised.

"Do you know how?" He asked.

"Of course." I pulled my wand out with a flourish and counted the bricks-- three above the trash can, two to the right and tap the brick three times. The brick quivered and moved with the other bricks to form an archway that lead to an amazing alley.

"Wicked." Jaden and I gasped.

"It's even better than Kaden described it as!" Jaden giggled as she spun in a circle. I joined her before speeding off to Gringotts bank. Kaden and Aaron couldn't keep up with us.

Once we entered the bank that was run by goblins, Kaden handed us our key for the vault Mother had money transferred to.

"Don't blow through all of your money. You have three years of school to get through." Kaden advised us before going separate ways with Aaron.

"What do we need?" I asked myself. Jaden and I looked at the Hogwarts fifth year supply list.

"So many things. Should we buy double or share?" Jaden asked.

"Double. We can sale one set to fourth years at the end of the year," I answered. "Let's go."

We got all of our books, cauldrons, robes, and potion supplies before ending up in the middle of the alley checking our list to make sure we had everything.

"Yeah. That's everything," Jaden nodded. "Let's go to that Quidditch store over there. Maybe we can get the Nimbus 1700. It is the newest one."

She was speaking in a British accent. I don't know why, but I copied her.

"Okay. It's supposed to be the best broom there is! I can't wait to ride it!" I smiled as we walked in. "That's a right beauty, it is." I gasped when I saw it.

I remember when the Nimbus 1500 was produced and I've seen a Nimbus 1000 and a Nimbus 1001 before. The whole Nimbus line is amazing but this broom is beautiful.

"Look at it." A boy next to us sighed.

"It's beautiful." Another boy said.

"A-a-amazing." Another stuttered.

"Yeah," I agreed. They looked at me. "What? I know a good broom when I see one."

"Not saying that you don't, but what do you know about racing brooms?" The boy asked. He had messy jet black hair, hazel eyes, and circular eye glasses.

"Everything. We've ridden almost all of the known models of brooms there are." Jaden snapped.

"Our family collects them. We go back to the Oakshaft 79. Great endurance broom." I said.

"Sorry." The other boy, who had shaggy brown hair and grey eyes, mumbled. The stutterer had big watery eyes and a rat's face.

"Padfoot! Prongs! Wormtail! Are you bothering these girls?" A boy with light brown hair, scars all over his exposed face and arms, and light brown eyes asked as he walked near us. All four boys looked our age.

"No. They weren't. We were just leaving actually." Jaden said. We still spoke in the British accents.

"I'm sorry. For them. They have a tendency to speak without... w-without thinking," He stuttered when he looked at me. "Excuse me. I'm Remus Lupin."

"I'm Black," Jaden and I narrowed our eyes at him. "Sirius Black."

"That better be your name or we'll jinx you for the racist joke." I growled.

"No that's his name," Hazel eyes nodded. "I'm James Potter."

"I-I-I'm Peter P-Pettigrew." Rat face stuttered. He made me want to roll my eyes.

"You lovely ladies are?" James asked.

"Jaden,"

"And Ashton,"

"Carmichael." We both said.

"Wow. Do you do that all the time?" Sirius asked.

"No." We shook our heads then smiled.

"You must excuse us," I started.

"We must buy our brooms and be on our way." Jaden finished for me.

"Wait. Carmichael? Are you related to Kaden Carmichael?" Remus asked.

"Why yes they are," Kaden said, wrapping an arm around my and Jaden's shoulders. "These are my little cousins. Hey boys."

"'Ello, Kaden," James, Sirius and Remus all waved at Kaden. Peter really just waved. "'Ello, Aaron."

"'Ello boys. Nice to see you." Aaron smiled.

"So are you girls coming to Hogwarts?" Remus asked with an air of excitement.

"Yes. We'll be attending for our fifth year." I nodded and Remus smiled widely. I got kind of scared and moved closer to Kaden.

"Yes, well. We must get going." Jaden said and went to go buy two Nimbus 1700s.

"See you boys on the train tomorrow." Kaden waved as we all left the shop. Remus, Sirius, Peter and James waved back before Kaden and Aaron Apparated us back to their flat to pack everything for the train ride to Hogwarts tomorrow.